Pregnancy: April 2012 Babies Community
Who's had their baby, and who hasn't?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in April 2012.

Who's had their baby, and who hasn't?

7883881?1335058757
I was just hoping everyone could update in one spot so we can get an idea of whose babies have arrived and whose haven't, so we can make sure everyone is getting the congrats and/or support they need!

my sweet Ronan Asher turned from an April 5th baby into a March 30th baby when he decided to come early all on his own....after 35 hours of unmedicated labor, one hour of an epidural, a LOT of complications (see my journal) and some serious good luck (we were >THIS< close to a c-section because of some bad complications) he came at 140AM on March 30, weighing 8lbs exactly and 19 3/4 inches long...he's three weeks today and has been exclusively breastfeeding every day since I brought him home from the hospital. My older kids (a girl who is 3.5 y/o and a boy who turns 2 in July) are SO in love with baby brother!

so what's up with you guys? i'm so excited for everyone meeting their babies!
Not actually due until the 30th, but I'm being induced Monday morning. I'm a nervous wreck about the induction. I have two other biological children but that was 7 years ago and they came when they were ready.
Congratulations on your little angel!
My baby Grace Olivia was born by c section on April 13th at 4.26 am. After 15hours of labour my contractions became very irregular and baby's heart rate was dipping. I was prepped for my c section and taken to the OR. When I was opened up they found that my old c section scar on my uterus had ruptured, but not during this pregnancy or labour but most likely shortly after the last one (5 years ago) when I'd had a infection after my last c section. My bladder had blocked the rupture and had prevented me from bleeding out but my bladder was now adhered to my uterus with lots of scar tissue and was swollen to 3 times it's normal size. Obviously this made my c section surgery much  more
complicated and all together it took nearly 2 1/2 hours and my incision is twice the size of a normal c sect. I am extremely bruised and swollen and the obgyn said it was a miracle I had gone through a full term pregnancy with no complications. Had she seen what she did in a non pregnant woman she would have said they could never carry a child to term and I have been advised to not have any more children. We were
very very lucky, Grace truly is a miracle baby and has completed our family. She was 8 lb 13oz and 51cm long. She was weighed again Friday at 1 week old and was 8lb 15oz; she loves to nurse!!!
ohhh deep breaths jend you'll do just FINE! :-) I was induced with my 2nd and it was a dream delivery, seriously. My first delivery was 4 hours so when I was induced with my 2nd I thought "oh this is going to take forever and be AWFUL"...nope! it, too, was only 4 hours and just an all-around wonderful experience..totally unprepared me for my brutally long and painful delivery with Ronan, lol. But you'll do great...trust your body!

mum2 oh my GOODNESS what a scary experience!!!! thank heavens everything turned out so well (sounds like you had a great medical team working with you)...congrats on your darling miracle girl!
I was due yesterday still no signs of labour coming.  Only dilated to 1 and 60% effaced.  
I was due on tuesday, went in Friday still completely closed and not thinning at all so I go in tomorrow afternoon to have a cervadil capsule put in to help prepare my cervix for delivery and will be hooked up to pitocin Monday morning. I am scared to death that my cervix will not dilate yet and after hours of being hooked up to pitocin I will be sent home (my dr said this is very possible) or that I will start to progress and then stop and end up with a c-section. I just hope my stubborn little girl decides to come out and I will be holding her within the next 48 hours (:
isaiah daniel made his way here on his die date 4/6 weighing 7lbs 7oz 20 1/4 in long.... hes 2 weeks now and has been nursing like a champ.already gained almost a full lb since birth. he was born with 2 extra fingers (so was i) they were tied off still waiting for them to fall off...big brother josiah loves him to death and already is very protective over him... wont let any one near "HIS BABY" unless.he is right there by his side!!!! loving my 2 boys<3
major typo... die date should be due date...... stupid phone.
I'm still here...originally due 4/14. I was really hoping to have something start this weekend, but nothing so far. Scheduled for a foley Catheter placement on weds and pitocin to start thurs morning. I really wanted to have labor start & progress on its own, but that may not be in the stars for us.
does anyone kno of a forum that we can join for new moms?
Bristol Grace arriv
Sorry accidentally pushed post long before I was done! Bristol Grace arrived Monday march 23rd at 6:37 pm. She weighed 9 lbs 2ozs and 20 and 1/4 inches! She has been nursing with out any problems and doesn't have any health problems. I love my little girl more than anything but she is most definitely a daddy's girl already
Congratulations on your healthy baby!!!  
Kynley anne made her arrival 9 days overdue on april 8th..our little easter present..she was 7lbs 7oz and 19in..she was 6lb 15 oz when we brought her home from the hospital and 3 days later we had a doc appt and she was already up to 7lb 10 oz..she loves the boob and is doing great..my doc usually does a 2 week weight check on breastfed babies but siad that she didn't need to see kynley because she was doing so well! That made me a proud momma!
Our sweet Drake Alan arrived ahead of schedule on March 31st at 11:41pm. He weighed in at 9lbs and 20 inches. My water broke that night and we had him via c section because he was breech. He was originally scheduled for that Monday but decided to come early to meet Mommy and Daddy! He is 3 1/2 weeks old now and weighs 10 lbs and grew 1 1/2 inches already! He is such a great eater!

We had a major scare with Drake at 20 hours old of his life. He spit up bile and had to be rushed to the NICU for all night testing. It broke our hearts to have him taken away from us when we were just bonding. He had to stay in the NICU for 2 days. They never found any reason why it happened. They were talking surgery for a twisted bowel or blockage but the tests came back perfect. We are so thankful that he is doing great now and thank the Lord for watching over our little guy!

I'm TRULY loving being a Mommy! Congrats to everyone!
Congrats to everyone!!!!! who do we have left with baby still in belly? can you guys believe April is almost over?!
I was due April 6 and he arrived March 28. I went into labor on the 27 and had 28 hrs of labor and an epidural on the last 2 1/2 hours. The pain was worth it and he weighed 6lbs 11oz. He is so greedy now and putting on some weight. I love him so much and his siblings love him too.
Due date of April 10 came and went, got induced on April 21, 2 tries w/ Prostin, finally got dilated enough to artificially break water on the eve of the 22nd. Body still wouldn't let her out so went on syntocinon (UK's version of pitocin). Harder contractions started at 2am Monday morning and with a lot of help from hubby, Lamaze breathing, Hypnobirthing techniques, and a little gas & air when the really cranked up the syntocinon, we had a sweet girl on Monday morning ~9am. Avoided an epidural but it was hard (hubby wouldn't let me give in; I told him not to let me). Had been threatened w/ a c-section about 2 hrs before birth b/c OB thought I was only 4cm dilated, hence the cranking up of the syntocinon. Baby was OP so I had delightful back labor; she turned in the canal and came out sideways. My stretchy perineum couldn't take it and ended up w/ a 3a degree tear. I've been standing for a week since my stitches dissolved a bit early! Lol! Baby is doing great, was 7 lbs 14 oz at birth and I'm sure is now 10 lbs...used to slkeep for 4 hr stretches but now it's more like 2. Dangit!  :)    Hope everyone is healing up and my sympathies to anyone w/ a long recovery time of any sort.

Hey girl! I had my baby girl on April 3rd 2012 at 12:29am..You can read her birth story in my page:) Hope all is well with you and the kids. <3
I am way late on answering this!! I ended up being almost 2 weeks early! I was so busy with new baby and my 2.5 year old that I have not been on this forum since March 27!
Peyton Elizabeth arrived on March 28 at 9:37 am. I was a VERY quick delivery. I noticed my first contraction at 5:15am and within 2 hours was having them every 3 minutes, rushed to the hospital since everything was progressing SOOO fast, when I got there I was having contractions about every 1.5 minutes. They checked me and I was 10cm dialated. They ended up holding me up for about 30 minutes so my OB could get there and I was able to get a last minute spinal injection which stopped me from feeling about 2 minutes of contractions and the 2 sets of pushes it took to get her out! The pain was horrible, but I survived. I was in shock with how quickly it went by, but was very happy. She is now 12 weeks and doing great! 11.5 lbs, going into her 3-6 month clothes, still has blue eyes and a full head of dark hair. Big sister loves her and watches over her :)
Hope everyone had successful and healthy deliveries and has settled well into your new baby busy lives!!
i had my first baby on april 6th and was due 21st march.. Brooklyn Ellenore Ewing arrived safely at 03:16 and weighed a big 11lbs! her delivery took about 18 hours and had no pain relief but wont make that desision again! all the pain was worth to see my baby girl and is thriving so much! shes now 8 months old on tuesday and is standing up love my blonde hair blue eyed baby and cant wait for her to meet her brother in april :)