Working out!
Yepper! Finally getting back into it. Completed my 1st workout in a long long while. I did The Perfect Pregnancy Workout vol. 1. Nice.
I'd love to hear the different types of exercises. Maybe I'll google it:) I was an Avid spinner before I found out I was pregnant and I haven't exercised at all since. I may invest...
lol that lmfao song just got stuck in my head thanks to your post!

Glad you're working out; I stayed active during my first pregnancy and was walking 2 miles literally days before I delivered, and my delivery was fast! And with my son I was active up until I had complications in the last couple of weeks, and his delivery was not only fast but the recovery was SUPER fast....and I attribute all of that to the fact that I walked and exercised so much.

For me, exercising was walking walking walking the whole pregnancy, swimming when it was warm enough to swim, and doing some stretches and yoga exercises.

Just remember to listen to your body and not overdo it; because of the relaxin in our joints, it's much easier for pregnant women to overreach and cause a strain or sprain.
Great job- keep it up! I've been taking pre-natal yoga and it's been wonderful. I also do cardio on the off days and lift light weights. It's great to stay active and will make that labor easier (well, we hope)! :)
Keep up the good work! As soon as I started to feel better, I jumped right back on the elliptical 5 days a week + walking during breaks at work. I keep hearing it helps with labor...hope that turns out to be true since I'm terrified enough as it is!
Thanks ladies! It felt good to have the energy to workout! I need to find time to walk too. Y'all keep it going too! Love the support on here.
My husband fed me mozzarella sticks last night, after a few hours I decided that it was time to start walking, thanks for the motivation!!
That's great! I jogged 5 miles a day until the day before I gave birth to my second son! It made my birth and post partum healing much quicker. With this pregnancy, though, I had to stop running at 13 weeks because the weight of the twins was too much for my pelvis. Instead I attend Bikram Yoga classes 5 days a week for my workout. Keep up the good work!
Since we're on the subject of exercising, is everyone really trying to monitor their heart rate while exercising (keep it under 140?) I've read mixed stuff on the importance of sticking to this particular number. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? It's all so confusing!
I don't monitor mine. I'll have to look into that though.
Hmm yes I've heard that too, something about your placenta not being able to dampen high pressure as well as the rest of your body. I'm not sure if it's legit. To be safe I monitor mine using a basic pulse count when I feel a little winded. I need to get back into regular exercise though. I was an avid runner before morning sickness, but then I got nailed 'til week 14. I walk a lot but not every day since I work from home. I just stared pre-natal yoga but it's not really cardio. I need to find the motivation to walk every day but I keep procrastinating. I had running dreams over the weekend, it was so nice (the dr's forbidden me from running because of 2 previous losses). Please motivate me  :D
I just went for a half hour power walk around the lake in my town (: now I'm trying to convince myself to open the prenatal pilates video I just got in the mail
Ally_C you can do it girl!
The heart rate thing is important because your blood can become anoxic (low in oxygen), which can be bad for baby. I think 140 is a general rule of thumb, & it probably depends a lot on each individuals pre-pregnancy fitness level, and whether you did cardiovascular training before. 140 for me is a light work out level, but sticking to that keeps me from overduing it. You can always see what your Dr recommends.
Be careful with the exercise, ladies. I just got back from my doctor and I told her I've been getting some Braxton Hicks-type contractions while exercising and even afterwards and she told me to majorly cool it even though I'm super careful about my heart rate. I guess it can send you into pre-term labor or something. So I'm going to take it even easier on my machine and see how that goes...