how does the induction process work?
I am getting induced on Monday if my little girl doesn't come on her own and I don't know what to expect..I delivered my son 3 weeks early and went into labor on my own..what do they do to induce you?
i was wondering the same if i make it to next wednesday i will also be induced.... but as far as i know you go in and they will give you pitocin that should make you begin to contract after that im not quite sure what goes on
Well I have a doc appt tomorrow and the doc said he wanted to check my cervix to see if he would have me come in on Sunday night or Monday morning..I'm just not sure what to expect
I was induced w my first.  First they put some type of gel or capsule in to soften my cervix This  as late afternoon and the plan was to let me "sleep all night" then start pitocin via IV in the morning. Well the gel must have worked better than expected, and i started having ctrx on my own so they startd pitocin the evening and baby was born at 2:36 am. Compared to my 4 non- inducd births, i can' t say there was much difference. If anything,  it went a little faster & easier.  Good luck to you!  Don't worry, once labor starts, it will seem just lke it did when you went on your own.

Thank you! Everyone I talked to family wise says that it makes labor so much more intense and painful..they were honestly scaring me!
When I went in to b induced I was on 1cm and only bout 75% effaced so along wit the pitocin they inserted a Foley catheter in at the beginning which fell out when I was 4cm which took bout 1.5hrs for me. They eventually broke my water. As for making labor more intense and painful I don't have another experience to compare it to but with me they had to evwntully stop the pitocin because I was having more contractions then allowed within an hour I can honestly say it wasn't the pain that made me get the epi it was the fact that I was literally having contractions every minute n a half n not making and progress n I was super uncomfortable because of all the tightness I felt in my bottom