Pregnancy: April 2012 Babies Community
sorry ladies i have been so quiet..its hard finding time to do anything...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in April 2012.

sorry ladies i have been so quiet..its hard finding time to do anything..

I miss you ladies...kynley is now almost 7 weeks old and time is flying by..it is so different having two kids..my son who is 5 has been amazing..trying to help all the time..now kynley on the other hand has been almost more than I can handle..she has had colic and its so hard especially since my husband is a truck driver and is gone a lot so its been just me at home with both kids..its been every night at 6 she starts screaming and its right at dinner time and bath time for my son then continues screaming until 10 when she finally goes to bed..anyone else dealing with colic? It's not as bad as it used to be but its so much different from my son as a baby..its been really hard..
oh im so sorry she has colic i was spared with my first and thankfully baby hasnt gotten it but big brother did bring home a cold so baby has it now.  be strong and i hope she gets better soon. good luck
It gets better day by day with kynley. It's seems like since the day we brought her home it has been one problem after another..my sons sperm donor had a court summons on my door the day I came home from the hospital from having kynley because he doesn't want to pay child support anymore..so I have been back and forth to my lawyers office and dealing with Kynleys colic then she got a rash all over her body because she was allergic to my laundry detergent and like I said my husband is gone all the time he is only home on the weekends so it mommy dealing with all of this by myself..but I'm getting through it..I'm glad things have been good with your little one..enjoy it! Lol
Awww Steph, hang in there:) have you tried switching her formula? or are you still breastfeeding?....For the rash, Aveeno oatmeal packets work REALLY good...xoxox
Sorry to hear things are off to a rough start, Steph. You are a strong woman to deal with it all! My friends baby had colic and her doctor gave her some kind of drops for the baby which helped. Also, I hear they outgrow colic at 3 months so it should be temporary?

Drake got bad acne and his doctor said to use Cetephil cleanser and Aquaphor ointment. It has done wonders! I'd ask if the cleanser would work on her rash.

Being a Mommy is tough but when they look up at you with that smile all the hard days just melt away.

We're all here when you need to vent!
Take care!
I hear you there sister. TIme is one of the hardest things to find. I find myself feeling guilty often from spending more time at work than w/ my family. I don't think the feeling of guilt ever go away w/ parenting though.
laynee has colic too :( wich ***** because i thought breastfeeding would prevent it.. she starts up screaming around 8:30pm then finally settles around midnight she can be pretty bad through the day too and nothing seems to settle her it makes you feel really bad when they look as though there in so much pain poor babies..
I'm still breastfeeding..her colic has gotten a lot better the.doc told me that the sooner theu start the sooner they stop and the last couple of night have been cake..as for the rash it cleared up within a week after I stopped washing her clothes in tide and re washed all of her clothes in a dye free fragrance free hypoallergenic detergent...things are getting a lot better..thanks for all the suall the support ladies
Awww that's great Steph:)
I'm so sorry you have been dealing with so much frustration! I don't know how you are managing all by yourself and not going insane! You are a really string lady :) Hang in there!
So glad to hear that things are getting better, Steph! Enjoy each day!