Pregnancy: April 2013 Babies Community
pelvic and back pains??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in April 2013.

pelvic and back pains??

I'm exactly 20 weeks pregnant today with my babygirl and I've been having awful pains in my pelvis, hips and lower back. It started around 17 weeks and I thought it would go away, but it has only gotten worse. It isn't sharp, it's just extremely sore and achey (achy) and somedays I can't get out of bed. I didn't think much of it when it started, but now I am starting to worry a bit. Does anyone know what's going on or has anyone else experienced this? And what advice  do you have? :/
First I just want to say congratulations! I am also 20 weeks today, found out Monday were having a girl. :) Now to what you've posted. I have experienced that with my first child. My doctor told me its normal. It's your body changing. It's normal to have aches and pains. If you feel its getting to a point where you can't handle it, try talking to your doctor. This pregnancy though, I'm experiencing random back aches, all over really and my doctor said there is nothing he can do.
Thank youu.
I was beginning to worry. If it gets really bad I'll be sure to talk to my doctor, but I just wanted to be sure I was just over reacting or anything :/
It's understandable. Is this your first baby?
Yes it is ! :)
Being a mother is great. I'm prego with my second. I love being pregnant but some think i'm crazy lol.
im 21 weeks tomorrow =) but i had these problems at 17 weeks as well, my OB said it was my hips spreading to make way for baby, and just normal aches and pains taht all pregnant women go through. its a blessing isnt it? enjoy every minute of it cuase we dont have much longer to go!