Pregnancy: April 2014 Babies Community
Aginomoto in pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in April 2014.

Aginomoto in pregnancy

I am 9 weeks pregnant. I had Chinese food around 2-3 times in restaurants. Although i did ask d chefs to avoid aginomoto (monosodium glutamate), I am nt sure if they strictly did so. Has it caused any harm to my baby?  I had no allergy or any issues with aginomoto ever. There seems to be a lot of confusion about it on the internet.
I think as long as you're not overindulging a little now and then won't harm. I would recommend though since you can't be certain how the food is prepared in restaurants that you might try and find some Chinese recipes that you can fix at home. That way you can control the quality of ingredients, sodium levels, and make sure monosodium glutamate isn't used.