Pregnancy: April 2014 Babies Community
Teenage Pregnancy!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in April 2014.

Teenage Pregnancy!

Hi ladies! My name is Jessica and I am 7 weeks pregnant today. But I'm barely 18, and this is my first child. Being pregnant so young has been very hard for me. I guess I'm looking for some words of wisdom that might help me through this! Any and ALL comments are appreciated.
Hi sweetheart
I can imagine that this is a very difficult time for you on many levels. Your hormones and everything is going haywire and just pregnancy in general is hard for anyone. Have you told anyone yet as in your parents, and the father of your little one? If you have not told anyone I can imagine you are under alot of stress. We are here to help you in any way at any time . Have you started your prenatal vitamins yet? Prenatal care is very important to you and the little peanut! You need to make sure that you go to all prenatal appointments and do exactly what your doctor recommends. You should get the book "what to expect when you are expecting" this book is extremely helpful and should prepare you in many ways for what your body is going through etc. You can do this sweetheart. We may be just virtual friends but we are a family and we will stand by you. Every child is a miracle and blessing from God no matter what the circumstances are just remember that. You can add us as friends and we will be here for you even if you just need a sounding board to vent. You are not a bad person for getting pregnant so soon many girls have been in your shoes and have balanced school, work and a little one so know that just because you are pregnant so early does not have to be the end of your dreams, ok? You just may have to rearrange things to get there.
Exactly what Jen said . Having a baby is the most amazing thing and you really don't understand the true meaning of love until you have a little one. Im 21 and im currently pregnant with my second im also 7 weeks tomorrow. It's very daunting at first having a little one but everyone gets through the hard times. Just think of all the ladies out there and teens having babies and doing a fantastic job. You will be absolutely fine. Before you no it your be holding the most beautiful and precious little thing you have ever laid eyes on :) xx
im 23 and having a newborn i think would be hard at any age. just keep your head up! ive had lots of friends have kids young and go on to college and what not. hell some of them are doing better than me and i didnt have kids at that age lol
I had only been 18 for four months when I gave birth to my oldest. It can be hard but you just need to focus on the good. It was scary at first but we had a lot of fun too.
As a mom of a 17year old who is 8 weeks along my heart goes out to you. I agree with the first poster, make sure you tell your parents and the father to get their support you will want those close to you during this time as it will hemp take some of the stress off your shoulders. Biggest thing to remember is to try and keep stress at a minimal, yeah I know easier said then done, but it will help allot. Again start your prenatal care soon if you haven't already. Make sure your eating healthy and staying active as you will have fatigue and eating healthy and staying active will help minimize that and it will help you get ready for labor. Good luck and congratulations!!!