when to start buying baby stuff?!?!
I know it seems early but I'm curious to know when everyone is going to start purchasing stuff for the baby. I'm a military spouse so I don't have many friends here to throw me a baby shower and I know how expensive it can be.
This is my first (I'm 9 weeks) and I'm not having a baby shower... (I don't want one, I'm trying to eliminate things in my house, not get more junk, lol). Anyway... My husband & I are waiting until the second trimester to start buying things a little at a time. We're keeping it basic. Crib, carseat, baby wraps/baby wearing carriers (instead of stroller), and cloth diapers/covers.  I've got 7 months to figure out my new sewing machine to make little shirts, lol... Buuut yeah. The way my husband's cousin put it, "some people's houses look like babies r us threw up in it". That's what we DON'T want.  I also worked in daycares/preschools for over 10 yrs & I'm a certified toddler/prek gymnastics coach, & I saw how a lot of the toys out there really hinder the natural gross/fine motor skill development of the kids. It makes em lazy. Soooo we want as little junk as possible.
I am 10wks and I have already started looking. Very anxious to start buying stuff! :) We won't be having a baby shower either, so it will be nice to buy a little here and there. I am planning on starting to buy stuff after we find out what we are having in November! :)
It's best to buy stuff as it goes on sale. I have started with neutral colors in clothing. Most of my stuff is going to be coming from my baby classes as I earn points and they supply cribs and all the big items. If you know any classes like that they are helpful!