Pregnancy: April 2014 Babies Community
worried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in April 2014.

worried

I am 5 wks, 6 days pg with my third pregnancy, second child. The reason I'm so worried is that my second pregnancy ended with a missed miscarriage. I was supposed to have been 9 wks with my last one, and when I went in for an ultrasound, the doctor couldn't find a heartbeat. Since my body didn't expel anything, I had to have a D&C to avoid getting an infection. That was last year. Now with my current pregnancy, I'm worried because I've had brown blood when I go to the restroom. I talked to my doctor & she said she's not too sure why I'm bleeding, but that it's old blood. She said it may be due to an infection, which I am being treated for, but she can't be sure. She has forbidden me to have sex for 6 weeks. I'm just worried that something is already wrong. I won't have my first ultrasound until next week to make sure everything is ok. Can any of you ladies relate & share your stories to ease my worry? Thanks!
Tags: Bleeding
My doctor informed me that the brown discharge is actually bloody linings being expelled from our uterus to create new lining as the uterus stretches and grows. You should be just fine sweet heart :) breathe and enjoy your little miracle.
Since its brown blood I wouldn't worry to much! Worrying is not good for u or ur baby. Unless its period red with cramping I would says its normal! Just remain calm and try and rest as much as u can. I know it's hard not to worry! I myself had a miscarriage in January and I am 6 weeks pregnant now and have probably called my dr office every other day with concerns. If u are that concerned ask ur dr if they can send u for bloodwork just to check ur levels and give u peace of mind! Good luck to u and I hope things go well for u and ur lil one!
Thank you for your words of reassurance ladies! It means the world! Best of luck & many blessings to you!
I am in the same boat. Have had two miscarriages and spotted once each night for the past two. Brown discharge with a tiny clot. 6.5 weeks along. So nervous but trying (unsuccessfully) to not worry.
Hi ladies, just an update! I went into the doctor after my last sonogram because my bleeding got worse. She gave a a Rhogam shot worried that the RH factor might be the cause of my bleeding & here I am 2 weeks later & the bleeding has stopped! I have another sonogram next Thursday for safety sake, but things look good for now!