Third degree category a tear.
hi i was due on 25th april but went into labor on 21st april, reached hosp was told im 2cm and sent back home after two hours went to hosp witj unbearable pain when checked i was 9 cm dialated. I took only gas and air as there was no time for anytg else and during the last stage labour had a third degree tear, got a spinal and stiched up by surgeon.
Now i wana find out if there are any ladies who suffer third degree.cat A tear how the cope and how long it took them to get back to normal as im dreading the consequences?
By the way by baby boy is perfect and weighed 7.9ibs.
I had my son April 16th . he weight 8 blz 4oz . got 3rd degree tear . they gave me 12 stitches . it took two weeks for the stitches to come out , but it still hurt a little when I sit a certain way or for to long but it not as bad pains as it was at first. I guess it might take a month for everything to be back to normal . depending on how fast your body heals.  
thank you for your reply? I wanted to know if you suffer any incontinence of bowel movement, i am bit worried as they put on laxatives for at least six months!
I had 2 tears one a 2nd degree and one a third degree. I had my son the 24th and my stiches are alrwady healing. They gave me pain kills so I had some constipation put a nice stool softener helped a bunch. And get some tucks pads and sitz bath they will both be a god sent!
My baby was born on April 14th and was 9lb 7oz. I was completely healed by the 28th. I did 2 sitz baths a day, used tucks pads and hydrocortisone cream. I also used stool softeners