Pregnancy: Aug 09 Babies Community
12wk appt no heartbeat by doppler

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in August 2009.

12wk appt no heartbeat by doppler

Do I had my 12wks appt. today and they said everything looked great. He did an ultrasound and I am measuring exact at 12wks also we saw the babys heartbeat and the cord pulsating also the baby was kicking and punching. But then when I asked him if I could hear the heartbeat by doppler he could find it. I am really disappointed. I knoe I saw it but I would feel better if I could hear it. Am I crazy????
no, your not crazy!!  it is amazing to hear your baby's heartbeat for the first time!!  :)  it is one of the greatest joys of being pregnant...don't worry too much if they said everything was okay and could see the baby and heartbeat, etc.  you will hear it soon enough!!  :)  just hang in there and try not to worry!!  congrats on a healthy u/s!! :) xxxxx
It all depends on how your uterus is sitting and where the baby is at in order to hear the heartbeat on a doppler - ask at your next appointment - by 14 weeks they should be able to find it.
I am just glad that you were able to see the h/b and the baby kicking and moving.  It must be pretty normal if your dr. didn't seem too concerned.  As roke said, ask at your next appointment so you get to hear it.  Congrats on a great u/s though!
No, you're not crazy...just pregnant! LOL. I swear, I've never been more paranoid and weird than when I've been pregnant.;-) I'm sure your baby is wonderful!

Tricia
You are not crazy at all! With our daughter, we weren't able to hear the heartbeat by doppler even at her 15 week appt. My dr. has crappy equipment and my daughter was not in a good spot for hearing the hb.

I was SO disappointed because I had really wanted to hear it. Don't worry, hopefully by your next appt. you'll be able to. :)
Thanks, everyone. I will continue to check it at work since I work in a hospital and have access to a doppler. I just didn;t want to hear it without my hubby. I have another appt. in 4 weeks I'll be 16wks then.
You may not have been able to hear it BECAUSE the baby was moving so much! lol
My doc had troube today (at my 12 week appt) finding the heartbeat, and when she did, she couldn't calculate the heartrate because it wouldn't stay in the same place for more than 2-3 seconds.
Anyway, if you saw it on u/s and saw lots of movement, your baby is doing great!