Pregnancy: Aug 09 Babies Community
Bleeding through my first trimester ???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in August 2009.

Bleeding through my first trimester ???

I am a little over nine weeks pregnant. I started having heavy bleeding at week 6. My doctor ordered blood work and an ultrasound. The blood work revealed that my HGC levels were not doubling every 48 hours, but were increasing. During the ultrasound we saw our little baby (which we had been convinced we had lost), and the baby had a heartbeat of 167. Four days later I had a second ultrasound and the baby had grown appropriately four days worth. The ultrasound tech could find no source of the bleeding, and my doctor could see no tears vaginally. I am still bleeding, though it has tapered off slightly. Some days it gets heavy, some days I just have brown discharge. Has anyone experienced this? My doctor seems totally unconcerned with the bleeding, and I am freaking out. I feel totally depressed and cannot get excited about being pregnant, because I am so afraid something is wrong. To top it off, I do not feel pregnant at all, and have actually lost weight. I am so frustrated. I just can not believe that this is normal. My doctor ordered another ultrasound two weeks from the last one, but the waiting is awful. Any suggestions? Has anyone had this happen to them and  had a normal pregnancy otherwise??
My cousin had quite a bit of bleeding for several weeks off and on during her first trimester and the baby was born healthy at 40 weeks.  I know it has to be scary though.  I have known lots of women who have had bleeding and had healthy pregnancies.  
Thanks for the reassurance and support. I keep thinking I just have to make it until the next ultrasound, next Monday to make sure my little bean is still growing! Then may be I can relax.
You're not alone, I'm in the same boat with the bleeding. I'm 2 months pregnant with twins and last Saturday morning I went to the bathroom and to my surprise, was bleeding heavily, no pain, it lasted for under 10 minutes, I just thought that that was it.

We went to casualty and was sent away because it was weekend and was told to go back on Monday, that must have been one of the longest weekends ever, the waiting is like torture.

Had the u/s on Monday morning to see that the babies are fine, they are the right size for the pregnancy at 2 months with 2 strong heart beats and for some reason, I'm losing blood from underneath and in between the 2 sacs and they don't know why, I've been advised to rest and monitor it.

We went home very relieved and to my surprise, it happened again, fresh red blood and heavy but it didn't last under 10 minutes, it lasted for 12 hours, heavy. The following day, it had cleared and I was losing brown discharge (old blood) which I still am now so I am on and off really with red and brown and I'm feeling the same as you, how can I enjoy the pregnancy when I'm like this, my gipping and sickness also seems to have stopped so I really don't know what to think and I hope and pray that it stops soon.

I've got another u/s next Thursday 08th January in the morning so I won't know for a week if all is ok.
Angelface1980- I have heard of that happening. Usually there is a blood clot, and it eventually bleeds itself out, or it is reabsorbed into the uterus with out any problems.

But the waiting is truly awful. I hate going to the restroom. When I first started bleeding, I would make my husband come with me because I so terrified of what I might find. I have my next u/s on Monday the 5th. I am climbing the walls until then!!

I will say a prayer for you are your little babies. Twins- that is so exciting!
I just wanted to reassure you guys that not feeling pregnant is completly normal. I am 9wks1day and have no symptoms at all except for tired and lazyness. I fortunetly don't have bleeding so I can't relate there but I do know that it could be scary to not feel pregnant. Good luck and keep you hopes high. Lots of women bleed in there 1st trimester and have heatlthy babies.
Thanks, I dread every time I have to go to the toilet.

I HOPE thats it for the bleeding.
i wasnt dues on my period until the 18th of feb, but came on 13th feb very light period just bits each day like a plummy colour i have had peiod pains but no full period can anyone advise me, my boobs r really sore to xx