Pregnancy: Aug 09 Babies Community
Exhaustion and fatigue anyone?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in August 2009.

Exhaustion and fatigue anyone?

So I'm wondering if any of you have fatigue or exhaustion.  This is my second pregnancy, I am 7w4d.  With my first pregnancy I remember being tired in the evenings and having to go to bed by 7 or 8.  For the past week I have been so tired!  I have to sleep 10 hours a night, I go to bed by 8:30 after my progesterone shot.  And I need a nap during the day.  Then I still feel tired!  It could be because I am 34 (4 years older than I was during my first pregnancy), it could be because I have a very busy toddler who just turned 3 and I have to keep up with her.  Luckily DH is helping a lot with her!  He took her upstairs to play after lunch while I crashed on the sofa with the dog for an hour!  I was wondering if I had a bug or something (my mom had vomiting, diarrhea and fever last week), I had some diarrhea this morning.  That might explain my exhaustion.  Who knows.  I know it will get better it just surprises me.  This is like a bone tired feeling.  Like I'm dragging myself through the house.  Then I get little spurts of energy when I feel kind of normal again.  Anyone else feeling like a zombie out there?
I have the same feeling.  This is my first pregnancy and I am only 27.  Most days around 1 or 2 I start to really drag.  I am usually in bed by 8 and asleep by 9.  I feel like I am useless in the evenings but I keep telling myself that I am pregnant and that is the reason that I feel like this.  I think you have a lot going on and that is probably why you need os much sleep.  I don't have nearly that much going on and I am still exhausted in the evenings.  Some days I even wake up tired like I haven't slept that much at all.  Hopefully it does get better.
This is my only symptom. I am tired everyday. I have no desire to do anything except eat. I just lay around all day. I'm lucky to have a great husband who has taken over all the chores so I could be lazy.
Thanks ladies!  I am so glad others are feeling lazy too.  It helps to know there are other couch potatoes like me out there.  I won't feel guilty anymore!!!!!
Tiredness seems to be my main symptom aswell. Luckily i am on holidays at the moment so i have been napping every afternoon and still going to bed early. I have to really get motivated just to do little chores!ha! The only other thing i feel motivated to do at the moment is eat more :)
I have been pretty tired as well.  I'm pretty good in the morning, but by the afternoon, I'm already dragging.  I seem to get some more energy after I eat something, but it's very short lived.  
tiredness kicked in the past 2 days. i told DH i think i'm narcoleptic because i keep falling asleep everywhere throughout the day. it was ok this weekend because he was home to help, but i'm not sure what i'll do tomorrow when i'm home alone with a 17 month old. it better end by the end of january when i'll be working fulltime and taking 2 night classes. i'm afraid i'll fall asleep behind the wheel :(
I am currently 8w5d and I still need to nap during the days (if I am not at work)....  It is horrible, but is definitely better than it was a few weeks ago....
Oh yeah! Tired isn't the word - COMPLETELY EXHAUSTED is... I'm 34 as well, and thank god for my husband. He has made dinner the last 2 nights and managed my 2 other kids in the evenings for me. My older kids are 8 and 11, so I'm not exactly changing diapers with them still, but they're still demanding. I'm having a hard time getting out of bed though. It's completely normal. I also have nausea. That REALLY *****! I had VERY LITTLE nausea with BOTH my son and daughter, so this is new to me. hmmmm, wonder what that means???? haha   :)
Yeah...I have very little energy.  It goes well with being off my meds (which normally give me  energy and motivation).  I'm nocturnal anyway, and this had only made it worse.  I have difficulty staying awake before 8 at night, but then cannot get to sleep at all after 10, until 6 am or so.  
exhaustion + nausea just make me want to lay in bed ALL day...this is a rough week...i've got it off and dh is working, so it's just me and our 15 month old daughter...it takes everything in me to get off the couch to make her meals...and she's definitely watching a little more Barney & Elmo than normal - but I figure she will survive with a little extra TV in her life...thankfully dh went grocery shopping after work, made her dinner, and did the dishes so i could get some extra sleep last night!
My only pregnancy symtom seems to be being SOOOOOO tired. I really dont know how Im going to do this I have 3 boys now. Ages 7, 4 and 4 months old. Maybe because I just had a baby 4 months, but I have never been this tired during any of my pregnancys. I feel like the walking dead. I know it will get better soon, I just dont know how much more I can take:(
I am super exhausted. That should have been my first clue that I was pregnant. My four year old has been waking up early, and my 16 month old refuses to go to sleep until late. Two kids on top of being pregnant makes for one exhausted me. I cannot imagine how tired you are blueeyedtabbycat! You are a brave mommy :-)
I'm very glad that I don't have any  other kids.  Just staying on top of my schoolwork is enough of a challenge.  At least my boyfriend's been willing to do most of the traveling to come see me, rather than making me take the 2 hours bus ride over there.  We'll be living together by the time the baby is born though.  
Oh my...yes, exhausted doesn't begin to explain. A few weeks ago, I tried explaining to DH how I felt - almost like I HAD to close my eyes. When we went for my first OB appt, the doctor said to my husband, "Has she been really tired lately?" DH said OHHHH yes. The MD said, "Well she isn't faking it...the best way to explain it is that it's like being drugged." I thought WOW, he's right. Exactly. Like you WANT to stay awake, but you can't.

The GOOD news is, I'll be 10 weeks on Monday and that exhausted feeling is starting to lift. I'm still tired, but it's a normal, manageable tired. Not DRUGGED tired. LOL. I'm very, very glad my kids are old enough to fend for themselves for the most part. ;-)

Tricia
Hello, I am 38 years old, 10 weeks pregnant with my first ever pregnancy!!  And boy, am I tired.  I guess I am lucky that I don't have morning sickness.  I try to get to sleep at 7pm every night (we get up at 5 am).  By 9 am, I am ready for a nap and feel tired the rest of the day.  The hard thing right now it no one at work knows I am pregnant yet so I can't just go in the breakroom and take a nap.  I am going to announce my pregnancy at 12 weeks so hopefully after that I can rest for a few minutes at work.  
I just can't believe how tired and lazy I am, especially on the weekends!
:)