Pregnancy: Aug 09 Babies Community
Is Navidoxine safe during pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in August 2009.

Is Navidoxine safe during pregnancy?

Dear All,

My doctor has subscribed to me "Navidoxine" for morning sickness and nausea. I have been taking this medicine for a month now and I was told that I should stop it right away. My doctor did not mention though that I should stop it.

Is it safe to take it during pregnancy? and can we take as much as we can? will it affect the baby? I am currently 12 weeks pregnant.

Thank you.
There are very few medicines that are considered 100% safe during pregnancy.  I would really feel comfortable with anything that my OB prescribed for me, however.  Who told you to stop and why?   Do you still need it for morning sickness?  It's used for the prophylaxis and treatment of nausea during pregnancy.    i wouldn't worry about taking it.

Well, it's my friend's mum! She's a doctor as well! She told me I should not take more than 2 boxes per pregnancy but my doctor did not tell me this statement!
I'm still feeling sick yes but I stopped it since I was afraid!
hi i am from malta and ive been on this pill for the past 3 months! my gynae said its 100% safe and you can take is as long as you want it doesnt harm the baby!