Pregnancy: Aug 09 Babies Community
Is anybody sleeping???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in August 2009.

Is anybody sleeping???

Who has a good baby that sleeps??? Not me.
I'm sorry to hear that you aren't sleeping well.  Are you breastfeeding or bottlefeeding??

I actually do have a very good baby.  At first I had to wake him up every 3 hours because he wasn't back to his birth weight but at 2 weeks he was back to his birth weight and the doctor cleared us to let him sleep as long as he could.  He still got up every 3 hours the first couple of nights but now he is getting on a schedule where we put him to bed around 8 and he may scream for an hour before we actually get him to go to sleep.  Then he sleeps until 1:30 and then he gets up again at 5:30.  Then around 7 he decides its time to be up for the day
Cruz is now 3 weeks and we are still on a 3 hour schedule! I really do no not mind getting up, I could not sleep when I was pregnant, so nothing as really changed on that end!

Plus I love getting my late night snuggles with him!
if she cluster feeds, i have gotten a longer stretch (up to 4 hours from the start of the last feed), although the cluster feeds can be exhausting. i think today we're going to try to introduce 1 bottle of expressed milk. that way i can nurse, go to sleep early, and have dh give the next feed. he'll deliver dd for the following feed, and we'll all go to bed together. dh is a night owl, so staying downstairs with her while i sleep a bit isn't a problem for him. i give him a couple extra hours in the morning by bringing to girls downstairs when they wake up.

i'm lucky. dh took 4 or 5 weeks to stay home and help, so i get a nap everyday too.
Sleep?? What is that, lol. Nope Taylor wakes up to eat every 2 hours. Every now and than I will get 4 hours between feedings but I dont get to take advantage of that because im usually up late cleaning up after the kids:(
nope, not me!  In fact, as i write this, i am sitting here w Cooper, who i put to bed around 10:30 as usual and who decided he wanted to get up at 10;45!!  Usually he'll sleep til at least 1:00 or 1:30, but this s.ucks!!
He will be 5 weeks 2morrow and sleeps 2 hours at a time usually, 3 at best.  And i am "functioning"; but don't know how i will make it when i go back to work next week.  Like tabby, i can't sleep when he sleeps b/c i am dealing w the other kids.
= (
Also wanted to know if anyones eles baby refused to sleepat night unless your holding them?? Taylor will sleep in my arms or on my chest, but as soon as I lay her down in the bassinett or bouncy seat or swing or anywhere eles in the world she wakes up screaming untill I pick her up. It tough to sleep holding a baby. I am always afraid I will move wrong in my sleep and she will go flying! Also I tend to get a little nap in every once in awhile while in feeding her.....it is impossible for me to stay awake sometimes:( Anyone eles??????
Yep!  I put Cooper down on his belly night before last (I know, its a no-no) because he sleeps fine being held but wakes up when i lay him down.  Being on his belly worked, and he slept for about 3 hours.
Also, I started playing music for him at night.  He loves country, LoL, but at night i play classical so he knows its sleeping time.  I think he is used to SO much noise from the other kids all day that he can't sleep when its too quiet.
the vibrate function on my bassinet helps lull her to sleep. it was a lifesaver with my first as well. occasionally, a binky helps as well.
Yes our little guy has started to get his schedule of being fussy from 3 to 9 when we try to put him to bed.  Each night we try to put him to bed at 8 but he screams for an entire hour until we get him to lay in his bed.  I have started swaddling him and this really helps to get him to sleep and stay asleep.  Even though he is a good sleeper once we get him to sleep it is a struggle to get him to sleep.  Joel loves to be held and each time I put him down after 3 he screams which makes making dinner so much fun:).
Nope not sleeping...5 kids=no sleep lol. Blueeyedtabby- I have the same issue with holding him all night...
That's why i'm on here so much lately! If i hold and feed Cooper in the middle of the night and do NOTHING else, I am afraid i will fall asleep holding him.  SO, i get on-line to try to keep myself active/awake.  
I have gotten really good at typing with one hand! ; )
Same issue here if she wakes up at night she will fall asleep in my arms, but wake right up when I put her in the bassinett. Sometimes she sleeps in the bed with me. Only every few days when I'm about to go psychotic from the lasck of sleep.
actually my little guy sleeps for 3 and 4 hour stretches at a time. . . its pretty nice... but then again, I cheat and supplement with formula, so that may be why!? lol