Pregnancy: Aug 09 Babies Community
Quad testing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in August 2009.

Quad testing

I had my quad screening a couple of weeks ago and everything came back normal. I have had two ultrasounds, and both times the baby measured at two weeks later than they though. So this Friday ( the last ultrasound) they finally changed my due date. They recalculated my quad screen and now it is abnormal. With a 1:22 chance of baby having downs. Could this at all be wrong due to them changing my due date? None of this was explained too well by the nurse who called me.
I have recently heard that having your dates off can effect your quad test but im not positive. Do you know think the dating of the last U/S is right?? Sometimes babies are just smaller. There is an average size for babies but they come in all sizes:) If the quad came back normal for your origanal due date, hmmm IDK, im sorry:( Did they refer you to a genitic conselor?? I would definitly talk to one to help ease your mind. I have recently had to deal with this and I know how stressful it can be. Please keep us updated. You will be in my thoughts:)
*Tabitha*
How was your 20 wk u/s?  When I went in for mine everything looked so great they advised me not to do the quad blood tests, they said it just causes more worries.  There were no markers at all on the u/s and because of my age (I am only 31 and will be 32 when I deliver) but I guess even at my age the tests would come back with a higher risk.  I am really leary anymore about all those early tests since so many women have had horrible early screening tests and did the amnio and everyone has come back that everything is normal.  I really don't know about your situation, but I do know that often your due dates change alot by measurments, so it seems like maybe it is just a matter of your dates being diff and needing to wait and see how the baby keeps developing to get you a better idea of the exact due date before they really calculate your results.  Best of luck to you!