Pregnancy: Aug 09 Babies Community
Who are the easiest, boys or girls??!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in August 2009.

Who are the easiest, boys or girls??!

Who are the easiest, boys or girls... What does everyone think?

I've heard that girls are more independant than boys and that they grow up quicker and that boys can be more loving??
Depends on the age.
Under 3, I think girls are easier. In general, they are calmer. Boys that age are rambunctious and energetic. They tend to develop language skills earlier which results in less frustration and behavioral problems. Boys tend to develop gross motor skills earlier, which often leads to climbing, wrestling, etc...

Between 3 and 5, I find it depends on the kids. Both can be challenging, but for different reasons.

I think after 4/5, girls can be more challenging because of cattiness, etc.. We are emotional messes, especially once puberty hits.

Of course, these are generalizations. also, most of my experience is with children under 5.
Depends on the age.

All I know is my little man is quite the handful! He is everything Tired just stated! Plus he hates to eat on top of that, so every day is a battle at our house.

But, I would not trade him for the world! He is my very best friend! : )
I would say boys, but thats just my experiance. Having 3 boys before finally having Taylor has blinded my opinion, lol!! Taylor is totally a girl, she is a drama queen and everything. She is also a tomboy, like trucks and climbing just as much as her brothers but.........she is way more mellow that all my other boys combines!! Now I just wish I could get her to play with her dolls rather than trucks, lol!!
I also agree with Tired. I have "heard" that boys are a little slower with speach and othe milstones. Very true for my boys, Dalton is 26 months and still doesnt take much but is fully potty trained. My 2 older boys were late talkers as well.
I find boys easier.  I have one girl and three boys.  My daughter has been independent since practicaly day 1.  She started acting like a teenager (with attitude) at about 2 1/2. =)  At 11, she is moody, messy, forgetful... and our personalities clash....often.  But- she is also smart, outgoing, talented, and tough and I love her to pieces.  

My boys on the other hand are laid-back, easy to please, and eager to please mommy.  They are sweet and loving, kind and considerate.  Yeah, they are rambunctious and very physically active, but I'll take that over attitude any day.

As far as milestones there was a HUGE difference b/w my girl and my boys.  She walked @ 10 months; the boys walked @ 13, 14, and 15 months.  At age 1, she said more than 30 words; my middle son barely spoke til age 2 1/2.  Of course, we all know girls are smarter, right?!?  J/K, but yeah, she did everything earlier, though the boys caught up quickly once they started.

BTW I am expecting #5 and haven't decided what I am hoping for.....:)
Thanks EVERYONE that replied, all your answers were very helpful!! xxx
My boy is the easiest baby I know!! He goes to daycare with a couple girls right around his age and he is by far the easiest out of them. He is such an amazing, independent calm baby. =^)  I think it depends on the personality