Pregnancy: Aug 09 Babies Community
anyone had any signs of labor yet??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in August 2009.

anyone had any signs of labor yet??

i thought it would be interesting to see if anyone has had any signs of labor yet...? im 38 weeks 4 days pregnant due august 6th and have had slight backache sneezing abit every day and just frustrated lol
i have been having contractions off and on for about a month now (maybe longer) when i was in the hospital the other day they said i was dilated to a 2, but that is pretty normal for me....with my son i was dilated to a 5 for about a month and with my daughter i was dilated to a 6 for 3 wks., so who knows with Gracie!?!  
i've had a couple contractions each day (in addition to the TONS of BH's) - nothing steady though...but man they hurt!
drmwvrjean-- You are so lucky!! I have heard about women like you, LoL.  By the time I check in at the hospital I am usually only 1-2 cm and by 4-5 cm (hours later) I am DYING!!  

I am a little depressed b/c I have been feeling A LOT of contractions for weeks/months, getting increasingly painful (tho not regular) and was hoping they were doing some good.  But at the dr. this a.m. he said I am still only 1 cm and my cervix is "high". = (

last week i was sure that i was in labor verry strong contractions for over 4h back pain nausea , preasure.by the time i couldnt stand them and we got to l&d as soon they put me on wheel chair they sudenlly stop. i was only 1cm dialated and  at 60% so they sent me home:(((
from then i am having couple strong contractions a day with back pain but still no baby. i hope it will happened soon
Ok a few nights ago I woke up and could have swore I was in labor! And like drmwvrjean I dont usually go into labor untill im dailated to 4-5 cm. So when I woke up in such pain I got worried and scared because I knew it was early labor. I kept thinking about how I was going to manage the pain starting off dailated to only a 1. Then by morning it quit. So im asumming it was false labor. I slept through most of it anyways, I just hope it did something to change my cervix:)
i just keep getting BH and some back pains and small cramps but nothing much that i can take get happy about, i just want it over with though b/c my heart burn is getting really bad now and it hard to sleep :o(
As of last Friday, I was dilated to 2 cm and 70% effaced... for me that could mean 2 weeks or 2 hrs... who knows? I just wish we could get this show on the road because I'm tired of not being able to dry my feet after the shower! :)