Pregnancy: Aug 09 Babies Community
baby movements slowing down?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in August 2009.

baby movements slowing down?

i know it's normal for their movements to slow down around now, given the lack of space and stuff. But did it slow down drastically and suddenly? All of a sudden, a few days ago, she went from moving all the time to going very long stretches of not moving, and when she is awake, she's moving much less. I can usually find a small hiccup, feel her breathing, or a very gentle roll, so I know she's OK, but I was wondering if this is normal. I do have an appointment today at noon, so I'll be sure to ask then. He does an u/s at every visit anyways.

With my first, she moved ALL the time, about 90% of the day right up until I had her at 36 weeks. She continued when she was born, and it turns out she moved constantly in her sleep. SInce I'm now approaching 36 weeks I know things are going to be a bit different, but you can't help but compare things to what you know.
Lucky you, with the u/s!! I haven't seen my babe since 20 weeks. = (

Anyway, yes, I have definitely noticed less movements.  Sometimes I get worried, but then, like you, if I really pay attention, I will notice a small roll or a little kick.  I keep reminding myself that at 39 weeks, he is quite crowded in there! LoL  As long as he is moving, no matter how small, I know he is ok.
I actually made my first call to l&d this entire pregnancy just this weekend becasue of (lack of) baby movement. I guess my previous pregnancies were soooo long ago its foggy, but I remember a bit more activity...now I just think Cadence likes to play games and stress mommy out :)
Babies movement should slow down in the ninth month because of the lack of room.  You should definitly feel more sqirming and less kicking. Baby will have more defined periods of activity and rest. I always tried to pin point when baby was more active so I would know when he/she is more likely to be awake after birth. All my kids have been night owls like me, lol. Now that being said that babys movements are supposed to slow down, I have to say my little girl has been soooooo active lately! Maybe because she still has lots of room because I have so much fluid?? IDK, she sure is keeping me awake, lol.
he carefully checked everything and she's doing great. Growth is good (50th percentile, about 5 lbs 14 oz), fluid levels are good, HB is good, and she's breathing. Guess it's just a normal slow-down. The good thing is, I am much more comfortable since she slowed down. I think her moving was triggering a lot of my cramps and BH.