Pregnancy: Aug 10 Babies Community
7wks pg and spotting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in August 2010.

7wks pg and spotting

I tested positive on 15th Dec after my 1st IVF treatment. Am probably 7wks pregnant. Went to see the doc on 1st Jan after some spotting the previous day. Had a scan and he said everything looks normal with 2 gestational sacs. But yesterday 2nd Jan, I had a yellowish discharge, today its brownish. Am having some discomfort/mild pains in the pelvic area. Am still not convinced that am ok? What could be wrong?
I have a history of cysts in the ovary -could they have recurred and can they affect my baby?
Tags: spotting
no they should not affect your baby, i have/had a cyst on my ovary at 7 weeks but i was told it was normal for that stage in pregnancy. is 2 gestational sacs twins? i just googled it but some people only have one baby with 2 gestational sacs. it sounds like everything is going well for you. the brown discharge is old blood, unless you are having a lot with cramping and bright red blood i would go to the ER otherwise enjoy your pregnancy
I had spotting and mild cramping and am now almost 7 months pregnant and the baby is fine, if the pain worsens or the blood darkens or gets heavier I would go to emergency or see Your doctor ASAP otherwise I would not worry
Congragulations