Pregnancy: Aug 10 Babies Community
Castor Oil?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in August 2010.

Castor Oil?

Hi I am currently booked in for a medical induction this coming Tuesday the 28th of August. I would like to avoid a drug based induction so was thinking of using castor oil as I have tried sex, walking, acupressure but with no successful outcomes. I have read mixed opinions on castor oil as a form of induction but my neighbor who is a retired midwife suggested it to me and stands by it being used. Is that just because it was advised years ago when she would have been an active midwife? I rang the maternity ward I am attending only to be told that they cannot advise people on castor oil or on using castor oil. I have no complication with my pregnancy at all and myself and baby are both healthy and thriving. But drug based inductions are meant to be very intense and painful so I would prefer to try to naturally kickstart it myself instead. Any professional ideas or advice on this?