Pregnancy: Aug 10 Babies Community
blood pressure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in August 2010.

blood pressure

Hi Everyone,  Has anyone had issues with their blood pressure getting too high?  Normally I habe no problem with my BP, and it was fine up untill my last apt.  At my last apt it was 126/84, which isn't off the charts high, but it's higher than mine normally is (usually around 110-118/ 78-82)  My midwife was not too concerned about it, but is having me go back in tomorrow for a recheck.  She thinks the raise in BP is due to the added stress of having to move unexpectedly and my husband being laid off.  I'm trying my best to not be stressed, but that is easier said than done.  Is anyone else having BP issues?  and what does this mean for my baby?

Thanks :)
Hmm....I've had my blood pressure up where you had it as well. Doctor didn't seem concerned. At my next appointment they took my BP again and it was 112/79. BP can vary with stress and other factors. I hope your numbers go down next time they check your BP. I don’t think your numbers will be affecting your pregnancy or your baby. Consistent high BP would be a concern.

High blood pressure can cause problems during pregnancy. For instance, when a woman has high blood pressure in pregnancy, it may cause less blood to flow to the placenta. This means that the fetus receives less of the oxygen and nutrients it needs. This can cause the growth of the fetus to slow down.

But I wouldn’t freak out yet. Let us know what your numbers are when you get yourself checked again.
Thanks for the response.  I go back tomorrow to get rechecked.  I'll let you know what the results are.
I have low blood pressure 80/54 but my doctors dont seem too worried about it. I would suggest to limit your salt intake and drink plenty of water. I know you have alot going on but try and do something that relaxes you to help with the stress.
I only had a problem with my BP once. It was at the very end of my first pregnancy. The bottom # was around 100 for several hours and I was getting a migraine. They decided to induce because I was only 4 days from my due date. 84 isn't crazy high but they may want to keep a closer eye on you now.