Pregnancy: Aug 10 Babies Community
choosing a pediatrician

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in August 2010.

choosing a pediatrician

How is everyone making this important decision? Right now for me its between 2. Both go to my hospital and are accepting new clients with my insurance, and have acceptable after hour policies. I do want to do an alternative vaccine schedule (not too crazy just spacing out things and delaying a couple vaccines) so i plan on asking both how they feel about that. Anyone have any advise?

1. recommended by nurse who also recommended my ob who is the best around
3 parttime women who each work 2 days a week and are all mothers

2. recommended by friend
1 fulltime woman who is an older russian lady that doesnt push medicine or rush you out
I replied to your post in the 18-34 pregnancy forum .My advise is to have an interview with them both. Let them know you are trying to choose a pediatrician before the baby comes along. I did that with mine and love him very much. Most pediatricians will give  you 10-15mins at the end of their day and if they dont then how much time do you think they are going to give you when you have a sick child or have concerns about their well being?
We've moved and had to change pediatricians several times. I usually ask around at work and church, then find out what I can before I meet them. I just go with my gut after that.
I need to choose a pediatritan and really have no idea how I'm going to find one that takes my insurance. So far I've called 4 offices and either their not taking new patients or they don't take my insurance.  
Call your insurance company for a list of in network pediatricians. They should be able to help you. The doctors usually have to tell them if they are not accepting new patients.