Pregnancy: Aug 10 Babies Community
what was everyones fetal heart rate around 6 weeks??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in August 2010.

did anyone go for an ultrasound around 6 weeks? if so what was the fetal heart rate?
I had one at 6 weeks 2 days the heart rate was 112 per minute.  I just had one at 8 weeks last week they didn't tell me the rate, but said it was doing perfect for around 8 weeks.  
thanks for commenting on my post. I have done alot of research on line and  this is the info i found
Normal fetal heart rate at 6 weeks is 90-113 bpm and at 9 weeks is 144-170 bpm. In a recent study, singleton pregnancies with an embryonic heart rate measured on a 6.0-7.0-week US scan were identified. "The heart rate was classified as slow if it was fewer than 90 beats per minute prior to 6.3 weeks or fewer than 110 beats/min at 6.3-7.0 weeks, normal if it was 100 or more beats/min at less than 6.3 weeks or 120 or more beats/min at 6.3-7.0 weeks, or borderline if it was 90-99 beats/min prior to 6.3 weeks or 110-119 beats/min at 6.3-7.0 weeks."

i got worried bc most of what i heard stated 120-160 is a good average heart rate. When i had my last son i went for an ultrasound just around 9 weeks and his heart rate was in the 170's. about 12-14 weeks i find that thats when you hit the heart rate your baby will have over the course of your pregnancy. With both of my boys the fetal heart rate was in the 140. it went up when my baby was active but most of the time resting heart rate was around 140.. believe it or not my doctor prodicted both of my pregnancies to be boys and that they are.. it is said that the boys heart is a bit larger and beats a bit slower. i predicted a few of my close girl friends and each time i was right.
during around 5 1/2 weeks the cardiac activity starts to being. at this time it is as close to the mothers heart rate. as days go on it starts to peak and like i said by week 9 of my last preg the fetal heart rate was 172 then at about 12-weeks when they started to use the doppler at the office the heart rate was always in the 140's . the reason i posted this question is bc when my doc read me the infro from the radiologist the radialogist stated it was a remarkable sonogram for 6 weeks 3 days. everything jus as it should be. my fetal heart rate was at 112.  my doctor then commeted that the heart rate was low but he stated that the radilogist see's woman all the time in their six week sso this must be perfectly normal. he then stated if i was to get a sono today t most likely wld be in the 170's.. bc i suffer from terrible anxiety and was diagnost with bi polar 2 over  a yr ago i tent to stress and worry alot. your fetal heart rate was 112 as was mine!! radilogist and some other experts state this is totally normal for being in the early part of 6 weeks.. congrats on your pregnancy! beautiful pictures! you will have a beautiful family
Hi Melissa,
I too was stressing out about mine being 112 because the doctor commented that it was slow.  But, she said it was OK because between 5.5-6.5 weeks the heart just starts beating and well it has to start some where.  Every where else I read and googled said it was normal too.  I am 9 weeks yesterday and so far so good.  So, try not to stress out about it. I know easier said than done right?
I am nervous just because my last pregnancy I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks and heart beat was in the 130s.  My baby stopped growing right after that and I didn't find out until 11 weeks.  I am very anxious to get passed the 12 week mark.  I have been such a wreck they do ultrasounds for me every two weeks.  This week I am stressing because I feel a little better.  I am like "why are my symtoms (symptoms) less?  what's wrong?".  I am trying to think positive and take it one day at a time. How is your pregnancy coming along how far along are you now?
Good luck with everything keep in touch and you have some nice pics as well.  Hopefully you will get a girl this time around :)
thanks so much.. well if im not stressing over one thing im stressing over another. i had my progesterone level tested yesterday.. on the 17th of dec it was at 12.. so i called for the results and the secretary told me the doctor will be calling me back. nedless to say there is something wrong. i never had this problem. i know they have suppliments but i just dont understand why my body isnt making enough of this hormone. due to my high anxiety i am really worked up over this. the nurse has called me every time they tested my hcg levels which are perfect but for some reason the doc wants to handle this call .. so here i wait wondering if they are indeed low and what this will mean for this pregnancy,, i too felt good for the last two days but today im sicker than ever. i guess its normal to have a few good days.. i too worried bc i was so deathly sick for the last 3 weeks. i have terrible all day sickness.. im so weak and quezzy. everything makes me ill.. im not complaining bc if it means a happy healthy baby i do the time.. but i just need to know all is ok.. so ill let you know what the doc says. im going to do some research on progesterone , i hope if it is low with suppliments ill be ok. thanks again ttys melissa
my babies heart rate was 111 at 6weeks 0 days
my babies heart beat was 124 at 6 weeks
my baby's heartbeat was 142 at 6 weeks 5 days
My son's is 117 at 7 weeks, though he's only measuring at 6 weeks.  Very scared for my little guy, going for another u/s next week, praying he grows!!!
I just had my 1st ultrasound, I measured 7 weeks and my babys heart rate was 147, my Edd is now aug.25, 2010
i had ultrasound at 7 weeks 3 days and the heart rate was 146 i was measuing 7 weeks 2 days... but something i am now concerned about is my sickness has seemed to diminish?? has anyone expercienced this at 8 weeks pregnant?? i was nausus from mid afternoon til night.. all smells mademe ill and i had no energy to get out of bed and just showering was such a chore for me.. the only thing i am doing dif is waiting til bed to take my prenantal. i know that it casued some of my upset stomach but i seemd to have taken a 180...  pls let me know if anyone has had a relief of symtoms (symptoms) at around 8 weeks
My baby's fhr is 119 for 6weeks + 1day.
I am 6 weeks pregnant and the doctors just told me the babies heart rate is only 109.... they told me that this was low but I'm unsure because I have been reading that anywhere between 90 and 110 is normal ...... this is my second pregnancy and I'm very nervous now because I miscarried at 8 weeks Last time I just need some advice asap
I totally understand. I am going through the same thing. I lost twins  last year bput never saw the heartbeats. Today the fhr is 109 doing another one in 10 days to try and see how far i am. My periods are never 28days so its kinda hard to tell.