Pregnancy: Aug 2008 Babies Community
Is your belly hard or soft?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in August 2008.

Is your belly hard or soft?

Okay, this might seem like a really silly question, but is your belly hard or soft? Becuse mine seems to go from soft (really 'doughy' feeling, like I'm fat not really pregnant), and then sometimes I touch it and it feels pretty hard. It can stay hard for up to half an hour or so, and then back to soft. Is this normal? I'm starting to get really worried about pre-term labour and all other scary things!

A lot of the time when I wake in the morning its hard and like a lump to the left, while the right side is a little softer. I always thought this was the baby bunched up on that side? The hardening is not painful, and it doesnt come and go every few minutes like I expect a contraction would, but I'm just wondering if the changing from hard to soft is normal???
Yeah i think it is - my tummy goes this way too but is pretty much hard all the time now.

If bub lies more to one side and i can even see which side shes lying on.

I think it all depends on the position she is lying in and if she is at the front of the womb or tucked away further at the back :)
mine is hard sometimes and other times soft and I just feel fat LOL I think it must be normal
mine goes from hard to soft all the time. most of the time it is hard, it is only soft after ive been laying down for a while....
Well for me my belly is mostly hard depends on where my baby is hiding some time i get worried if i start feeling soft spots but then it goes hard again.
Congratz on your pregnancy.
hi i have the same problem.. & have had 2 miscarriages.. sometimes ii feel ma belly its hard & others its very soft & im thinkin whats going on.. but i am 4 & half months now & lost my other 2 at just 9 weeks. so the chances are my baby is going to be fine.. but ii still worry the odd times.. & kant help it & cry at least 1nce a week because of worrying about whats going to happen & depression etc.. but then ii feel flutters & expect it 2 b the baby but when i havent felt them in a while ii will b wondering wheres my baby.. i kind of like expect it to kick me all the time but if that happens he/she wouldn't get any sleep lol... so am jus gunna stay positive & try not to b 2 depressed.. & u should stay positive 2 & not worry.. everything will b fine.. ii just hav 2 w8 another 3 weeks 2 find out what sex my buba is... congratulations luv..& gud luk ;)
I have been off the depo shot for about 6 months and i had cramps at the beginning of the month but then not period.. then at the end of this month i had cramps again but still no period.. my boobs are bigger and a little sensitive and then my belly looks like it is getting bigger but it is soft... i can still suck it in but if i let it go its like a preggo belly... i have also taking 2 preggo tests and both came up negative. i dont know if i am pregnant or not... someone help
I am 2 months late on my period I have took 4 HPT and they came back negative but I am having most of the symptoms and my stomach is hard then goes soft could I be pregnant and not know it.
How do you know if your pregnant? I missed 2 1/2 months of getting my period. I took a pregnancy test and it said not pregnant. How do u know if you are 8 to 10 weeks pregnant? Can you text me at 484-515-1505 or call and leave a message. I would really apperaite it. My mom thinks am pregnant to. I do have sex with my finance. I dont feel sick or anything or different. My stomach is soft and hasnt been hard.
I am 18 1/2 weeks my tummy has gone soft n seems that my uterus isnt as high and I have not felt the baby kick....SCARED help anyone?!
but what if the pregnancy test say your not pregnant?