when should I take a pregnancy test?
according to charts I should be about 2 weeks and a day pregnant, my husband amd I and trying to conceive so we are anxious to find out for sure. we were intimate 2 days after my period and 8 days before ovulation and since we are trying he .... u know the rest! Since then I have been experiencing mild cramps is it possible that I am pregnant and if so when should I take a test?
What kind of chart tells you that you are 2 weeks and a day pregnant?

You were intimate "2 days after your period" what, began? or ended?  And what do you mean by "8 days before ovulation"?  Are you describing the same day?  Are you using an ovulation test kit so you know when your ovulation is?

I assume you were not only intimate that one time (2 days after your period and 8 days before ovulation), if you are trying to conceive.  If you actually had sex somewhere three days or less before ovulation, then take a pregnancy test about two or two and a half weeks after that.
It was two days after my period ended which was also 8 days before my ovulation we had unprotected sex that one time because he left the following morning for training. I used the ovulation calculator it went by my last period and said if i did concieve i would be about two weeks along
OK.  I think the only way you would get pregnant from having sex 8 days earlier than expected ovulation, would be if you happen to ovulate early.  Some women do, don't believe a chart over your own body's signals.  Or use an ovulation test kit next time, so you can be sure.  Anyway, sperm can live a while in your system, I have heard it can live 5 or 6 days, though I haven't heard it can live 8 days.

In answer to your question, buy an early-results pregnancy test or two, and test two weeks and one day or two weeks and two days, after the date of the last unprotected sex.  Use (concentrated) first-morning urine, and read the test in the time window noted in the instructions.
I used  one of those ovulation calculators to help me predict when I would be ovulating according to the calculator I was suppose to ovulate on the 18th which 8days after we were intimate however that was based on a 28 day cycle and I have a 26 day cycyle which means I ovulated earlier than expected So im hoping that means I am pregnant...fingers crossed!
the most common time that women take a pregnancy test is after their missed period... because some women have irregular cycles from time to time  .. for those of you who do... i would wait a week or 2 after your missed period... that way you know for sure your not wasting your money lol cause ive done it a million times... this time around when i found out i was pregnant... because of the fact that i have completely skipped a period before an not been pregnant... i waited about 2 weeks maybe even more after my missed period where it was very likely that i was pregnant lol