9 week ultrasound
I have my 12 week ultasound on Monday but I was just thinking back to my 9 week one. The doctor seemed excited and we saw a heartbeat but I didn't see my baby move around. Is this normal? I have a baby Doppler and the baby is always in a different spot does that means it's moving?
your baby is probably moving around if you have to move the doppler, i went to the doctor office today (i'm 12 weeks) and the doctor used the doppler to hear the heart beat and the baby kicked the doppler, I did'nt feel it yet, but i did hear it it's just a little clunking sound, listen for those as well. good luck and things are probably fine, i know it will be reassuring when you can feel the baby move, and you will probably be able to see it on this ultrasound, but some babies move more than others!
That's so cute it kicked the Doppler I can't wait to see my baby again! Maybe my baby is as lazy as I've been :)
A lot of times, the baby will be sleeping during an ultrasound.
I agree with Karen. Alot of times the baby may be sleeping during ultrasound and that is why there might be no movement but there is still a heartbeat. Also you could be finding the heartbeat with the doppler in different places because your uterus is constantly changing and shifting in your abdomen also your baby could be moving away fromt he doppler as they dont usually like the ultrasound waves. Mine is always moving and sometimes I cant find it because it moves so much.
My baby was moving on the scan today :)
Does anyone know when you can start hearing the hartbeat with a stethascope?
I don't think you can hear it with a stethescope until you are close to term. Or maybe when you can see the baby roll across your tummy then you know the baby is closer to the skin.