Pregnancy: Aug 2010 Babies Community
At what week can your baby hear noises?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in August 2010.

At what week can your baby hear noises?

Hey all! I have a question for everyone. When can your baby hear your voice? I will be 14  weeks in 2 days and i rub my belly and speak occasionally but was told the baby couldn't hear me. Also side question i was feeling flutters dyring my 12th week and thought it was the baby moving and now.. Nothing! Is my baby just being lazy? Lol
Good question, but I don't know the answer. LOL. I know they can hear you by the beginning of the third trimester, but I don't know how long before that. As for the flutters, 12 weeks is probably too early for the flutters to have been the baby.
your  baby should be able to hear you at around 20 weeks! , so not too much longer.
Good luck!
I just read on WTE app on my Ipod that at week 16-17 they can start to hear our voices.
Oh forgot to reply you on the flutters - I think if this is your 3rd or 4th pg you can feel as early as 15 weeks. For me I am now 15 weeks 3 days and I am just starting to feel ticklish movements. And this is my 3rd pg :O)
Thanks for the answers ladies!! My mom was going on and on at me for not talking to the baby on a regular basis lol. Now i can tell her give me 2 weeks! Lol