Success stories needed ! thanks all <3
Up until 28 weeks my pregnancy was going well, after some horrible cramps i went to see the specialist. He told me my cervix was "funneling" the closed part was started out at 2.7cm (a week ago ) now its 1cm! I am now 30 weeks and have had 2 shots of steroids to develop his lungs, The doctor said he should be here in 2- 3 weeks. He is now weighing 3 lbs, but i am so nervous for my boys safety and am so worried i will have to see him in the NICU for a while :( ! Any success stories would be awesome to hear about now :) Thanks everyone !
My SIL had my neice at 28 weeks. She weighed 2lbs 2oz. She did great and will turn 6 in July. She's still small for her age but no health problems and she's smart as a whip. Good Luck!
Just wanted you to know that you are not alone.  I will be 33 weeks next week and at 30 weeks I went into preterm labor and didn't even know I was having contractions.  Thought I had a pulled stomach muscle didn't really feel anything otherwise.  They stopped it, gave me the steriod shots, and I am on anti contraction medication daily.  I am dilated 1cm my cervix went from a 3 in April to a 2 now.  A week later it happend again even on the medicine... they again stopped it and upped my meds.  Still no change in dialation or the cervix for a week now, so meds and bedrest are helping.  I am also having a boy too and he weighs 4.5 pounds they think his weight maybe causing it.  Hope we can keep these babies in.  My dads girlfriend had her daughter at 31 weeks.... she was 2.5 pounds she is now 21 with a baby of her own and that was back when they didn't have all of the resources we have today like the steriod shots.  I feel very confident everything will be OK.  I will keep you and your baby in my prayers!!!
PS I am going insane with worry as well I just try to take it one day at a time and think each day he stays in the stronger he gets xoxo
thank you darlin that really means alot to me !! i havent gotten any of the medecine for contractions yet, i went in last week with mild irregular ones thats when they seen i had an incompetent cervix. im trying to so hard to not worry :(
Maybe they can keep him in for longer than you think? Bed rest maybe? If you can keep him in until at least 35 weeks he shouldn't even have to stay at the hospital at all.  Did they do one of those fetal fibernectin tests on you?  It tests the fibers from your uterus to see if the baby is detaching.  If it comes up positive it means you will deliver in two weeks or so... negative it's a 99% chance you will not.  It's like a pap smear when they do it.  You should ask for one if you haven't.  Mine was negative so it gave me a little piece of mind for a short time.
the only way they told me anything about when he was suppsoed to come was the progress my cervix was going through going from the 3cm of closed to 2.4 to 1cm, but i am really trying to barely move, 4.5 more weeks until i will hit 35 weeks so i am trying to be cautious even though they estimated 2-3 weeks , god works in wonderous ways !
i have what they consider a shortened cervix...in april it measured at 2.5 which is the lowest they like to see it and i was only 17 weeks at that time...my high risk doc said that he has seen women go full term when their cervix is 1 cm...so its possible...i just slowed everything down and i put my feet up a lot

at last check when i was 21 weeks my cervix was 2.7....so she's holding....i go again 6/21 to get it checked again

best of luck to you
I was just wondering how you ladies did. i am 27 weeks tomorrow i went for an ultrasound on monday they noticed my cervix was 0.9 cm. I am starting to get so scared, i am trying to be strong and not break down. i am now in the hospital on bed rest.