Pregnancy: Aug 2013 Babies Community
Daddy felt the kicks!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in August 2013.

Daddy felt the kicks!

so my hubby has been pretty upset and jealous that I could feel kicks but he couldn't. He knows that it's normal, but he felt kind of left out of this pregnancy. But last night he was asleep and I was about to fall asleep when I felt some REALLY strong kicks and when I put my hand there I could feel it on the outside, so of course I woke him up to feel it too. I could practically feel him smile in the dark in all his excitement. So my question is, how do you make daddy feel involved? He comes to all the appointments, and asks me how/what I feel all the time, and now that he knows baby can recognize his voice he talks to baby all the time, but is there anything else I can do to make him feel included?
I had this one idea that I haven't tried, but I was thinking about it... you know those weight vests they sell to people who want to take their workout up a notch by adding weights? Yeah. I was going to get one for my husband. You know, so he can feel "included."
Hahahaha. I'll bring that up next time he mentions something again