Pregnancy: Aug 2013 Babies Community
Dental Operation during Pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in August 2013.

Dental Operation during Pregnancy

Hello.  I would like to ask if somebody got a teeth extraction during 2nd trimester of pregnancy and the baby turned out fine?  
The thought alone of having my decayed wisdom tooth to be extracted on my 2nd trimester frets me.  My dentist's original plan was just to put up a temporary filling but when she drilled the tooth she found out that it was worse than expected ( no wonder it hurts really bad even before the procedure)!  Prior this, a right molar tooth underwent root canal due to abscess and it called for an emergency dental treatment.  I am 9 weeks pregnant now.
I had 3 teeth pulled last yr I wasn't pregnant tho but I remember the dentist asking me over and over if I may be pregnant they said the medication they use is harmful to the baby. I would put off until u have the baby put I do kno how painful that can be !!!! The pain I had from my teeth was worse then childbirth I was in tears it hurt so bad !!! Does ur dentist kno ur pregnant???
9 wks that's still ur first trimester
Talk to your ob about it, usually simple extractions are fine during pregnancy. Your dentist will probably want clearance from your ob before the procedure is done.
yes she knows
i asked my doctor about this because i have a couple teeth i need puklled she said it is fine and the novocaine wont affect the babay