Pregnancy: Aug 2013 Babies Community
period pains?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in August 2013.

period pains?

Hi ladies, the last few days I've been getting what I can only describe as period cramps. They dont last long but they really hurt. No bleeding. Any ideas?
could be braxton hicks.... , as long there is no bleeding u shouldn't b worried, r u drinking enough water? that can cause cramps , and getting enough rest? all that could factor into the cramps. keeping hydrated and resting should ease it up, or it could just b yur body getting ready for the big day...  how far along are you? but if u r really concerned talk to yur doc! Good luck hope the cramps go away....
I would contact your doctor or advice nurse to be on the safe side.
Thankyou for responses. Im 25+2. It woke me once during the night and once whilst I was walking. My midwife was meant to of contacted me today but didnt and it takes 2 weeks to get a Dr app :-(
If you aren't bleeding and your little one is moving around, you most likely are okay. Make sure you are drinking at least 8- 8oz glasses of water a day. Take your prenatal s. If you start bleeding, start having consistent contractions, or don't feel the baby moving for +24hours and cant get a hold of a Dr. then go to the ER.