How much weight should you have gained by 22 weeks?
This is my first pregnancy and I'm a bit concerned if I've gained too much weight in my second trimester... my next appointment won't be until the 13th and thought maybe I can get some advice? I am 22 weeks today and weighed myself and I've gained 13 pounds since then.  Should I be cautious from here on out or is that considered normal? A friend of mind mention that's a lot of weight to gain at 22 weeks so I freaked out. Before I was pregnant I was a steady 138.
Its recommended to gain 4.5lb in the first trimester and about 4.5lbevery month after that (27lb all up)... I've gained about the same as you at 20-21 weeks but in saying that, I also gained 20kg (44lbs) with my first and lost most of it within six months after birth. Remember, its not all weight that YOU'RE gaining... There is the weight of bub, the placenta, extra blood, fluid retention etc that will all disappear once bub is born.
Just eat healthy as best you can, drink lots of water and it'll all be fine ☺
Everyone is different. I don't gain. I always lose weight. It's about your baby gaining the right amount of weight. If your doc isn't concerned, you shouldn't be either.
I agree everyone is different. I lost 15lbs In the first 5 months of this pregnancy. I'm 25 weeks now and have barely gained 5lbs. Baby is healthy (actually weighs more than normal) so my doctor isn't concerned.