Pregnancy: Birth Plan Community
16+1 and just thinking...

Communicate with other expecting mothers, partners, doulas & members about C-section/ cesarean section, epidural, induced labor, natural childbirth, pain management, vaginal delivery, water birth, strep b positive, high risk pregnancy, VBAC, bed rest, pelvic floor dysfunction, repeat cesarean, partner present, and childbearing women’s rights.

16+1 and just thinking...

Of how I want my birth to be. I just want me and my husband in the room for the birth its our first and want it to be our special moment. But im not to sure about the epidural lol and I dont know if I can handle all natural so my question is, is there an alternative to the epidural that works equivalent to it or maybe even better? And if so can I request it?
Its my first as well however me and my husband discussed it and we want to have a couple family members thete during it
Its my first as well also and all I want is my mom and the baby daddy. I want an epidural but scared of the big needle that goes in your back
ever thought about water birth? I'm pregnant with my first and thats what I'm thinking of doing. Its calming and natural and you can't do the epidural with it. You should research it and see what you think :)
I had a daughter 6yrs ago I had an epidural. it wasnt that I didnt even feel the needle go in. there are some side effects. I had the shivers and my feet were so swollen. now I have back pains from it. but some women dont get any of the side effects.
why are you hesitant to get the epidural?
My mom had an epidural when she was 24 (she's 50 now) and still has terrible back pain from where they botched her epidural 26 yrs ago.  My husband's coworker just had a baby and they actually damagedher spine (it was leaking spinal fluid) because the lady doing the epidural screwed up.  It's a serious procedure.  I know so many women do it nowadays that it's like "oh, well no big deal", but it really IS a big deal.  I would educate yourself this early into your pregnancy.  Watch The Businesses of Being Born, visit a Birth Center to look at water birthing options or if your having a doctor/hospital birth, hire a doula to speak on your behalf but do check out The Bradley Method (husband coached childbirth), they sell the book at Barnes & Noble.
Nevermind, this post was from February! Lol you already had the baby didn't you?