Pregnancy: Birth Plan Community
Natural birth !

Communicate with other expecting mothers, partners, doulas & members about C-section/ cesarean section, epidural, induced labor, natural childbirth, pain management, vaginal delivery, water birth, strep b positive, high risk pregnancy, VBAC, bed rest, pelvic floor dysfunction, repeat cesarean, partner present, and childbearing women’s rights.

Natural birth !

My plan is to have my son natural , NO epidural. No one thinks I'm able to do it. Have any of you mothers had a natural birth?
I plan on having my son all natural too! I don't want any drugs or nothing. No one thinks I can do it either & it drives me crazy!
I just had gas and air and diomorphine n i was fine do what i did n see how u go its amazing cause u can feel baby but when u have a epudural u dnt!!
My advice would be keep an open mind. Things may happen and you have no choice, I wanted a vaginal birth but baby is breech so won't be able to. Remember as long as mom and baby are healthy does it matter how your baby arrives and with what help.
Ive had to children n im gunna do the same in those labours with this one paracetmol at first then gas and air n when they start gettin stronger have diomorphine i had to shots if that!
I know the feeling , I knoe its going to be painfull but I really want to stick to my plan.
I've had 4 natural births and in July it'll be 5. I'm terrified of needles so never brave enough to even try to get one. You can do it just try to stick to your birthing plan, people saying you can't will just make you try harder.
Your riqhh but im going to try my best to stick to my plan, I will have an open mind , all I want is for my son to be healthy. Just have to wait and see.
I did it with my son an he was my 2nd my 1st birth I had drugs cuz being induced hurt way more than natural labor. I kept telling myself I couldnt do it an I DID!!! SO CAN U GOOD LUCK
Thank you , thats true when people tell me I'm not going to stick with it just makes me want to try harder. I feel much better knowing that someone succeeded with there plan. Now I know I can do it.
I was induced with my son I went completely natural no medication at all it wasn't vad the contractions are what kicked my  bum
You absolutely can do it!! I had just gas and air with my last delivery (just as well I hadnt planned anything else as there was no time anyway!!) and it was a wonderful experience. I'm planning to stay at home this time for delivery, lots of folk are quite surprised by my choice, but I dont want to be in hospital with midwives I've never met and who dont know my history other than whats written in my notes. My local midwives who have seen me throughout will be with me and I will have my gas and air like last time, and best of all, when I've had baby, I can be tucked up in my own bed and all the kids (I have 2, my partner has 1) can come to see their baby brother and spend as much time as they want with him. As someone else mentioned though, an open mind is a must when it comes to childbirth, my first didnt go well at all, I am fully prepared that I may have to go to the hospital and if I have to then I have to, I'll be a wee bit sad about it, but everyone being healthy is the most important thing. Dont listen to anyone who says you cant, thats not fair, you have every right to try, and so what if you cave in and have an epidural, thats your choice too! Read up on all your options and be prepared for anything to happen during labour :)
I said I didn't want any medication either and no one believed in me that I could do it. I was induced earlier in this week and I held out as long as I could without any medication, and eventually caved in to them (I felt bad because I wanted it naturally so bad, but I was in so much pain and stress I didn't want to have the baby feeling stressed either). I had to have this pill inserted in me to soften and do something to my cervix then on tuesday I was induced with pitocin. The doctor said that it would make me contract really bad because it would make my body start producing the hormone on its own plus with the two other types if inducing meds they gave me was like big contraction bomb went off inside me. And when people asked me or not if I got pain relief I said yes, and they all said "I told you you couldn't do it". It made me feel terrible, but then again I had all that inducing stuff that caused the contractions to be bad.

Don't let anyone discourage you about any decisions you make. Just keep up with your breathing and if they hurt too much try to put focus one something else like counting things on the ceiling or something.  Good luck with everything and I wish you and you baby a safe delivery :)
Due next Sunday n I also plan to have my son all natural...tho i have strep b n will have to have antibiotics that's the only meds im willing to take...no believes im strong enough but i been through surgery while 5mth pregnant i know i can handle this
Thank you soo much . Atleast you tried , it's not like you gave in quickly . I'm proud of you for trying your best. Im going to bring my mp3, some movies and try walking around the hospital. i'm a very goofy person so i might crack some jokes and even being in pain i get so silly lol. I know i'm going to try my best to stick to my plan , Thank you soo much :)
I wish you the best of luck ! God bless you and your baby. Ever since i was 9yrs old i've been threw surgerys and bad pains due to my Kidney disease . Thats why i believe i can do it. You can do it!
I've had two completely natural 100% drug free births so far and hopefully my third is the same!  they kept asking if I wanted something and kept saying one more contraction and we'll see. If you just take it one contraction at a time, stay calm and don't let it build up on you it's fine. With my first I used the bath for pain relief a few times, but didn't have time for that with number two. I also only had my hubby, midwife  & ob in the room, too many people causes distractions and you loose your focus.
As long as you have realistic expectations of the pain. And you study differet natural birth techniques and practice, I dont see any reason why you wouldnt be able to do it. Its called natural birth for a reason.. Its natural. Many many women have done it. good luck :)
Thank you .  And that's great ! i also asked for the bath . I've been on steriods since i was a little girl and always druged up . I have a opportunity to have a say in something and i want to go natural , Finally something with no drugs in my system , Hope i do great.
Thank you! :)
Keep an open mind.... stay relaxed.
My 1st I had gas and air...plus I was so tired
I had pethidine. I'm glad I did tho.It helped me relax and get some sleep.
My 2nd I had nothing until 20 minutes before he was born... had to have my waters broken. Home 2hours later.
With my first daughter who is 8 now I had an epidural and I felt her. I actually told them when I needed to push. Keep an open mind and keep the option cause you never know. Good luck. Don't believe horror stories about epidurals because everyone is different.
you can totally do it!!!! i suggest perineum stretches the last month before your due date. If i hadn't done them i would have totally run from the pain and stopped my labor. but i felt that familiar pull and kept going cause i knew it was a good hurt. i had the gas during contractions but nothing during the pushing. my husband said i pushed for an hour, but it only felt like five minutes to me!
a tip is to try and not fight contractions when they are building up and you're getting ready to push. its your bodies way of getting things in place for the big push. you will naturally tense but then try to relax and let it take you. accept the pain for the 1 minute...it will end, just breath through it.
its sad to hear that people are telling you that you can't do it. you should feel sad for them because they don't think they can do it! you were built to give birth, you can absolutely do this! all that matters is that you believe in yourself and that you and baby are healthy.
plus, if you live in the states its wayyy cheaper if you use a midwife.
enjoy your sons birth, its a beautiful experience!
Thank you and i will keep that in mind.
I believe y'all can I had two natural birth. People said I can't do it but I did. I didn't want to have my babies all high from drugs. I plan on have my current baby natural as well.
Thank you soo much . I Love this  support group! lol
Thank you...we must both be strong i still get depressed about my surgery cause my doctor should have listened when i said something was wrong but we made it this far so i Thank God...n yes YES WE CAN DO THIS...GOOD LUCK
I forgot to mention too, I took raspberry leaf tablets from 35 weeks both times too, no idea wether it made a difference because I've never done it without them, but I did end up having two great births with no tearing or anything so I would reccommend taking them!
i did the tea too and i thought it was a positive experience also. glad you are enjoying the support group!
Okay thank you i will look into that.
Yes we are . I really do enjoy this support groups never knew how good they can make people feel and the advice . I know how it feels to be depressed over all that and feeling like your doctors arn't listenin and i use to always feel like a lab rat :( . first time trying a support group. I Love it.
Yup. I second the tub, or even just a shower. Don't expect any one technique to work for more than about 20 minutes at a time. That way, you won't be frustrated that you aren't comfortable walking for an hour, or soaking in the tub for ages. You may want to check if the hospital you have chosen has tubs available in some of its birthing suites and how to get one - at ours, you just ask when you get there but they tend not to fill those suites first in case someone comes in and asks for one.

That in mind, I would also suggest keeping an open mind, as another previous poster suggested. If you get to a point where you aren't sure you will have the energy to make it through a vaginal delivery, I would opt for some pain relief to have a vaginal birth rather than a c-section.
I've had 10 all natural and drug free, and if you set your mind to it and really want to do it you can, keeping in thats if all is going well and labour is progressing , the key I think to doing it is to treat each contraction as positive pain, its bringing you closer to meeting your bub and keeping upright and active is the key to getting bub into optimal position for birth as well, lying on your back to deliver can alos reduce your pevic opening by up to 40%, also water is a great pain relief, either in the shower or bath, my last I had an unassisted water birth which was amazing, and go the raspberry leaf tea/tablets as well :)
Thank you :)
I was going to do the same with my first had patosin with no pain meds for 13 hours wouldn't dialate so dr said either epidoral or emerrgency c section. Done the epidoral worked amazing but, bc I was so relaxed from it I ended up hemoraging and I don't remember anything. All I know is when I woke up I had been in a coma and died but pulled threw. I would recomend getting pain meds the dr said it prolly wouldn't have happened if I would have taken some meds. But also I'm only allowed c sections bc they don't wanna take a chance on it happening again. I don't either. Wasn't trying to tramatize you was just letting you know some information.
I had a post partem hemorage with my first baby and have since gone on to have 9 more without any problems, so just because it happened once doesnt mean it will necessarily happen again, I', automatically classed as high risk because of that, my age and because I've had so many children but they let me birth the way I choose :)
Both all natural (NO pain meds)
It was beautiful.

You can do this sister! Find the support you need and keep us updated. :) Congratulations on your pregnancy.
you can i had pethadine only for my first, nothing at all for my second, third child emergency c section because of his position and just gas for my fourth. where im from you have to beg for an epi if you want one and you still probably wouldnt get one. good luck.
I'll say this I planned a natural birth un till I was induced at 4 on thurs, did not sleep all that night and when they broke my water I took a shower with contractions 2 mins apart all I wanted to do was sleep so when they asked about an epidural I jumped at the idea! I've heard the worst part is the when they cut you. An epidural is not at all what you think its going to be, at first it's a little scary, but you still feel a lot you should keep an open mind because if they have to do an emergency c section it's best if you already are numb
It's good to hear that you kept your options open.

Every birth is beautiful as we all assist God in bringing life into this world.