Pregnancy: Birth Plan Community
No maternity plan...6weeks pregnant

Communicate with other expecting mothers, partners, doulas & members about C-section/ cesarean section, epidural, induced labor, natural childbirth, pain management, vaginal delivery, water birth, strep b positive, high risk pregnancy, VBAC, bed rest, pelvic floor dysfunction, repeat cesarean, partner present, and childbearing women’s rights.

No maternity plan...6weeks pregnant

How can I get short term maternity health insurance? My husband and I have insurance and we have a son that has needed this plan bc of childhood cancer. However, my first pregnancy was under my works insurance plan (now I no longer work). I got a call Fri from Dr office that my insurance has NO maternity coverage. My apt is Mon. What do I do, I'm already 6wks pregnant?
The only thing i can suggest would be to try and apply for medical coverage through your state. Call the medicaid office or children and family services office to see what you can do and if they can help you or tell you who you need to call to get insurance. If you do get the medical insurance they are suppose to go back and pay all medical bills for the last 3 months. Maybe you can ask at your drs. office.  Good Luck!
It depends on what state you live in....here in Texas there are absolutely No private plans offered for maternity. I know this because I just recently went though a pregnancy with private ins that had no maternity. :(
So you have a few options. The best bet would be to find out what services your state offers....call your local Health and Human Service. Most pregnancy medicaid alllows for income to be higher than normal medicaid, however you still have to be below a certain line. If you make more money , there are charity hospitals and doctors will usually work our a payment plan. Here in Texas there are a few levels of medicaid. Regular and Chip....Chip allows for higher income and you pay a small premium. Again i say it depends because there may be an ins program that offers maternity in your state...not in Texas though.
FYI: if you have the money to go ahead and go to the doctor...medicais will be retroactive usually for 90 days prior ..IF they approve you....if not you will be fine without seeing a doctore until you get medicaid. I waited till Iw as about 16 weeks before I could afford to go, unles you
Actually here in Texas medicaid offers a pregnant woman insurance plan that covers u during your pregnancy and for 2 months after you deliver