Pregnancy: Birth Plan Community
Planning for a c-section

Communicate with other expecting mothers, partners, doulas & members about C-section/ cesarean section, epidural, induced labor, natural childbirth, pain management, vaginal delivery, water birth, strep b positive, high risk pregnancy, VBAC, bed rest, pelvic floor dysfunction, repeat cesarean, partner present, and childbearing women’s rights.

Planning for a c-section

How many of us are planning on having a csection for delivery? I was told i would have to have a repeat csection, so im just curious to know what other are "doing" in order to plan for it.
I was told by my last OB that it was a requirement of the hospital to get a repeat c-section with my daughter, since I had one with my son, and after many arguments, and terrible service, I switched, this hospital offers VBAC, vaginal birth after a cesarean. If you don't want to have a repeat c-section, and still have enough time to switch OB's to someone who offers VBAC, go for it! As for repeat c-section, when it was my only option, I didn't really have anything planned differently than a vaginal birth, just you'll know ahead of time to make sure everything's set up, clean, and ready for baby. You know more about recovery, and what to expect, so anything you thought of last time that would've been useful, make sure you bring it this time!
I know you had a lot of complications in the beginning too w/ breastfeeding Logi. A VBAC may help make things w/ feeding a lot less complicated too. I hope you're able to find an OB who is on board w/ your feelings & wishes.
I had complications from decelerations with DD after they induced my labor. She was born via emergency section. This time around no one has even offered it, and well quite frankly (since i had an "easy" recovery) i think i may just consider another.
I know better now mature_enough than to set myself up for the problem i had breastfeeding the first time around :) I was too naive and thought they were looking out for HER best interest! Never again .....
I had an emergency c-section as well, after 13 hours of labor, and the baby in distress during contractions, I also had a speedy recovery, about a week and a half, so if I'm forced with a c-section this time, I'll be okay with it! I just want to have the natural experience, good luck!!
i guess my question is more "what" are we doing to prepare for a csection? especially a scheduled one... seems kind of odd. nothing really to plan except maybe a ride and babysitter :)
Well your hospital bag, make sure your car seats installed...make sure the house is set up and ready for you when you get back, so you're not doing too much after your c-section, if you didn't last time, make sure you bring some snacks high in fiber that will help you go the first time, that can be terrrrible, haha!!