Pregnancy: Birth Plan Community
all natural birth

Communicate with other expecting mothers, partners, doulas & members about C-section/ cesarean section, epidural, induced labor, natural childbirth, pain management, vaginal delivery, water birth, strep b positive, high risk pregnancy, VBAC, bed rest, pelvic floor dysfunction, repeat cesarean, partner present, and childbearing women’s rights.

all natural birth

Im 17yrs old will be 18 in a few weeks, im 7w3d pregnant with my first and I am planning on having am all natural birth, no pain meds and no epidural. Has anyone else done this? And am I crazy for wanting this? I believe even the pain of birth makes it special and would be an amazing experience instead of cutting out the true experiece of child birth.
You can do it!!! i did it with my first and will do it again this time. it was amazing and within 30 mins after giving birth i was up and walking...felt great. does it hurt?? YES!! But it totally realistic and doable...dont let anyone discourage you. I had so many people that were negative about it when i told them what i wanted...everyone pretty much told me i couldnt do it or i was crazy for even trying. Dont listen to them!! i even had pitosin to jumpstart my contractions since my water broke w/out contractions...everyone said that makes the labor worse...and it still wasnt THAT bad...like i said...it was an amazing experience and im doing it again this time!!
Do what ever you feel you want.... I'd say go for it.
My 1st I was so tired had contractions all through
The night.... mw  gave me pethidine...which was
Fantastic. Helped me relax and get some much
Needed sleep and hubby to get some food..
2 nd labour I stay home as long as possible went
In had gas and air 4 about ten mins they had to break my waters and ten mins later he was born. Much better labour more relaxed... this time I have
Group b strep which means I need iv  antibiotics
During labour ..which I'm not looking forward to
I'm hoping to have nothing else but gas and air
If I need it.  But will see when the time comes.
I'm going in open minded. I'm not saying I won't use pain relief as Untill it starts I won't know. I'd like to think I would at least try.
go for it! Gas and air is great and it is really special to have a natural labour. I'm hoping to give birth at home this time as my last labour went so well. Good luck x
Thanks everybody! And yeah people kept saying I was crazy when I brought the idea up but I think it would be an amazing experience. Thats what our bodies are are made to do so why not.
Go for it. I personally am going to get an epidural which doesnt make it any less true of childbirth. Everyone has their own birth plan so if u can do it with no pain meds, thats great for u. Women are strong regardless of if they use pain meds or not and birth is special for everyone.
I've had two babies, 8 and 10 pounds and both were done with no pain relief. Not even gas. Labour ***** and it hurts. But women have always had babies and pain relief is a fairly new thing considering how long child birth has been around. Lol. Having a natural child birth may not be for everyone. But its definitely worth it. Im on #3 and I plan on a all natural birth again. :) Best of luck with ur pregnancy.
I've had 10 babies and used nother but the shower for pain relief, you can do it all long as everything is gpoing well with yourself and bub, you just need to give your body time to adjust to the contractions and your own natural endorphins will kick in to help, it will still hurt but is totally manageable, good luck :)
You can do it. I did. Prepare yourself and do a lot of reading and talking to other women who have done it. You never really know what will work for you till you are in that position. For me...the tub was the best. Do your homework! Good luck and congrats!
Yes u can do it! I did with all of mine. Yrs it hurts but as u said, women have been doing it for thousands of years:) don't be afraid of the pain, relax through it, imagine the labor pains opening ur uterus to allow ur baby out. The bradley method of natural childbirth is wonderful
Well congratulations on your pregnancy! You sound like a very wise woman. It’s good to hear that we’re about to have another good mommy on board.

You’re right natural birth is a beautiful experience. Although I believe every experience is beautiful, I chose natural birth as the right option for my family 2X’s. It was empowering and the most memorable moments in my life. I hope you experience the same. Good luck and keep posting. We’re so thrilled to have you!