epidural
Hi I'm currently 12 wks pregnant with my 3rd !! In both my deliveries I had the epidural n it definitely made child birth easy even kno with my youngest son I had the epidural put in then proudly 10min later I was told that I have to push lol. Me n my hubby were talking about me not having an epidural and I was just wondering is it really that bad without it ??? I really wanna try it but I've never done it completely natural so I'm a Lil bit nervous, I kno I still have a lot of time to think about it so any input would be greatly appreciated
Not going to lie. It hurts. But you're able to get stronger pushes out. Also able to walk around during labor and such. Different pushing position options. And you don't have to have a cath put in...well at least I dontthink you do. I don't remember if I did or not.. been 10 years. Its worth it in there end either way you go. But I like natural. And the pain is gone instantly!
Thank u !!!! I really wanna try to go all natural this time giving birth has been easy for me but it was with help. I wanna be able to walk around after plus I have scoliosis and the doc always misses it the first time !!! Very painful!!!!
I am considering a natural birth as well this is my first and I am also 12 Week to.
M a ftm,31 weeks nw due on july 3rd 2013 vry much confused n scared abt delivery as i m goin to giv my baby a vaginal birth bt alone wth my hubby in australia all family is in our home country cn anyine pls guide me n help??
My sister didnt have an epidural with her second son and she said the only thing she regretted was not doing birthing classes before. Actual lamaz or bradley classes or something like that. She said she would have had better control of what was going on she thinks had she done that but she figured she had already had 1 baby and didnt think ti would be much different other than more pain obviously. So thats something you will need to look into and it is normally a 6-8 week long course.
I had four kids without epidural ...here is few things that helped me and I learned with every baby......ttaking deep breaths does help....we tend to tens up during a contraction and stop breathing when you fight it like that hurts more...relax let the contraction happen and keep breathing deep....also sometimes we think it will get worse and worse....no it will not once you reach active labor the pain you feel then will be the same until you start to push....you can take it.....you will know when its time to push nobody has to tell you when it happens do not and I repeat do not have anybody hold your hands ask the nurse to pull out bars/handles every bed has and grab those....now you will want to hold back when it's time to push because your brain will scream at you that you lost your mind and to keep that baby in....go against your self again it will be less painful if you push with all your might....at this point you are in a complete panic mode and you are thinking I can't do this....yes you can and push again....one thing I use to do wrong is push into my neck that is not good you have to make sure that you are pushing as if you were to go number two :) ...it does help to keep your chin glued to your chest pushing is easier