Pregnancy: Birth Plan Community
vbac or vba2c mamas=).

Communicate with other expecting mothers, partners, doulas & members about C-section/ cesarean section, epidural, induced labor, natural childbirth, pain management, vaginal delivery, water birth, strep b positive, high risk pregnancy, VBAC, bed rest, pelvic floor dysfunction, repeat cesarean, partner present, and childbearing women’s rights.

vbac or vba2c mamas=).

so i was wondering if any of you ladies are planing for a vbac or a vba2+c. or if you have was it successful or did you have a repeat csection? can you take EPO when trying for a vba2c. if you ladies dont know what EPO is its Evening Primrose Oil and it dont put you in labor it just helps with the cervix to dilate and effaced.
Hello sister! I'm glad you're making plans for your another birth. Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to the birth plan community. I have a 2 very close friends (one who happens to be on MH) that have had VBAC's as well. As for the evening primrose oil, I would'nt use it directly on your cervix until you are past 40 weeks. (I started using that, black kohosh, blue kohosh, and red rasberry leaf tea after I hit 41 wks gestation w/ both and ended up into the 42nd week w/ both before natural labor began). Until then, primrose evening oil helped me w/ perinial stretching. I applied it to my perinium and made downward stretches w/ my thumb (hard to do reaching around that belly w/ 9.1lb baby inside, so DH helped out a lot)

What else are you planning for your birth?
when is it safe enough to use the EPO for the perinial streatching, im 35 weeks and 1 day pregnant, is it okay to start using it now?
It's totally fine now, just wipe it off before intercourse so that the EPO won't end up on your cervix. (After you hit 40 wks, intercourse and using the EPO as lubricant works wonders, especially since the prostoglanins from semen help speed the process naturally as well)
*Bump
I'm considering this too Hansen, I'm 12+3, just switched OB's and thinking about trying it naturally, as I have the option now, I'd really like to try it!
so if it gets to the cervix it could soften the scar tissues, but if i do the stretching with EPO and keep it away from the cervix it would be fine=)?  oh =) to answer your question about what else im planning for my birth, im wanting to do it all natural with out any meds. the doctor told me i was allowed to be up and moving as much as possible too and if i wanted to i could labor in water but i would have to get out before i push out the baby.
Even if you have to get out before pushing, it will be beneficial since the skin will be suppler and less likely to tear. :) Very good! I'm so excited and can't wait to hear your birth and more questions! Yay!