Pregnancy: Dec 2008 Babies Community
Blood sugar

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in December 2008.

Blood sugar

I went to the doc today and he gave me my results....my blood sugar is 217. I knew that this would happen again but I wanted it to wait another month or two. My doc is going to put me on a diet after this weekend. I told him that you can't put a pregnant woman on a diet and he laughed right along with me. Then he said oh yes I can. Silly doctors. Baby's heartbeat still in the 160's and get U/S next month to find out what I'm having and I can't wait. I will update more on my blood sugar when I know more. Hope everyone is doing well.
was this after the one hour or three hour or just a regular check? are you a diabetic regularly or did you just have gestational diabetes before? I am "at risk" for it says my doctor since I'm overweight and had 2 big babies already...

Keep us updated. It seems like forever between appointments and then they are here before you know it!
I had gestational diabetes with my first and knew that I would have it again. It was the one hour test and it was not syrup this time that I had to drink. It was more like sweet kool-aid so it was not that bad to drink. It maybe a different drink with different docs. I am supposted to go meet with a dietician but I think I'm going to wait. And the reason I think I am going to wait is that at home when I check my sugar, it's never over 94. I have been checking it before and after every meal since my doc appt this past Thursday. I think it was so high with I got it checked because there is a ton of sugar in the drink I had to drink. So I must not take in that much sugar at home. All I can do is keep an eye on it.