Pregnancy: Dec 2008 Babies Community
Need answers about what is going on

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in December 2008.

Need answers about what is going on

Ok here is my question. I am 24 wks pregnant and I am having to go to have an ultrasound done every week. They have seen my daughters heart skips and say that they are monitioring it. But this seems to be a continuous thing. They have considered me to be high risk and my daughters father has heart problems. Those are enlarged heart and holes in his heart. Is there any reason to be alarmed at this? I have a 2 yr old son and he is perfectly fine. so i am a bit worried. thanks for the help. Jesscia
Have you seen a pediatric cardiologist as well?  Or are you being seen solely by the perinatologist and/or your OB/GYN? The answer to your question is yes, there is a cause to be concerned, but my suggestion to you is to prepare yourself regardless of the outcome.  If you are only seeing a perinatologist or OB/GYN ask them if there is a pediatric cardiologist they can refer you to.  Pediatric cardiologist can also do an abdominal ultrasound on you to assess what is going on in your situation. This helps because if a problem does exist with your child's heart they will be able to give you more insight and information because the heart is their specialty and they would be the practitioner to correct the defect, if it exists.  I hope this helps.