6 weeks pregnanct and concerned
I had an u/s done at 5wks 2 days and we were unable to see a fetal pole. We went back yesterday for another u/s and saw the fetal pole and measured 6wks 2 days, but no heartbeat. Is it common to not see a heartbeat this early?
It can be common to not be able to see the heartbeat at 6 weeks.  Some women can and some women don't until week 7-8 - don't give up hope yet!!  I don't know how early I could have seen mine because I had my first appointment on the 29th of April and I was almost 9 weeks at that time so there had better been a heartbeat at that time.

Did you doctor say to come back for another u/s??  Do you have any cramping and bleeding?  If not just wait and keep a postivie outlook.
perfectly normal and quite common. Some people don't see the heartbeat until 8 weeks. I saw my little one's heartbeat at 7 weeks (after going in at 6 weeks and seeing nothing)