Pregnancy: Dec 2009 Babies Community
I am concerned and need reassurance.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in December 2009.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I am concerned and need reassurance.

I am 16 weeks pregnant and have just FINALLY weaned myself off of 2mg. of xanax everyday. I have told my obgyn who assures me everything will be ok and that there has not been reports of xanax in particular causing any increase risk for birth defects but I am still worried. I go for a targeted ultrasound on the 29th. but I am just so scared but what can I do now? I just want my baby to be ok. Please give me any insight on what you may know about this...
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
822733_tn?1258147326
Hello!  To be honest, I don't know much but my doctor actually perscribed me .5mg of Xanax for flying as I'll be doing quite a bit of that during the next couple of months.  He informed me that the only thing that he is worried about was the fact that I would become addicted.  Now I know that your dosage is higher then mine and I'm not a doctor, but I think baby should be ok.  I went in for an u/s last week and baby was healthy as could be!  I'll be thinking of you and let me know how your u/s goes!
Blank
968643_tn?1272317725
Thank you so much... Any little bit of positive advise helps. Good luck on all of your flights and I will def. let you know how the u/s goes. I am sooo excited.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy: Dec 2009 Babies Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...