I am concerned and need reassurance.
I am 16 weeks pregnant and have just FINALLY weaned myself off of 2mg. of xanax everyday. I have told my obgyn who assures me everything will be ok and that there has not been reports of xanax in particular causing any increase risk for birth defects but I am still worried. I go for a targeted ultrasound on the 29th. but I am just so scared but what can I do now? I just want my baby to be ok. Please give me any insight on what you may know about this...
Hello!  To be honest, I don't know much but my doctor actually perscribed me .5mg of Xanax for flying as I'll be doing quite a bit of that during the next couple of months.  He informed me that the only thing that he is worried about was the fact that I would become addicted.  Now I know that your dosage is higher then mine and I'm not a doctor, but I think baby should be ok.  I went in for an u/s last week and baby was healthy as could be!  I'll be thinking of you and let me know how your u/s goes!
Thank you so much... Any little bit of positive advise helps. Good luck on all of your flights and I will def. let you know how the u/s goes. I am sooo excited.