Pregnancy: Dec 2009 Babies Community
Is it normal to see the yolk sac no baby

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in December 2009.

Is it normal to see the yolk sac And no baby formed yet in the ultrasound ? They said they think am to early. But am scared because before my ultasound doing my Pap smear the lady said my cervix was bleeding due to the Pap smear am scared for my baby is this normal has anyone experience this before please help .
Yes, if it's very early in your pregnancy, then the yolk sac is all you see. The fetal pole (baby) won't be visible until about 6 weeks. As for the bleeding, if it was just a little bit of spotting, it was probably just from the pap smear, like they told you. Sometimes, the cervix can get a little "irritated" and cause some spotting. Congrats on your pregnancy!
Thank you :)