Sorry about this
I had our baby the 27 of Dec. I bleed normal up until a week and a half ago. It then turn bright red.  Last night I passed some form of mass between the size of a tennis ball and a baseball.  Has this even happen to anyone? Does anyone know what is might have been?  This has never happen to me before.
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
318181 tn?1336447096
I would call your doctor and notify them. From what I've understood, passing clots after birth is not uncommon, but if it's the size of a lemon or bigger, you should contact your doctor. At least that's what I was told. I actually had an episode similar to that a little over a week ago, where I started bright red bleeding again, but I only passed a a small clot. It started at night and by the next morning it was gone again.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you for your response.  This wasn't not a clot. I do know that much.  I really am not much of a Doctor person, so I was just trying to figue out what it could be that I did pass. Thank you
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
368785 tn?1270435883
You really should call your doctor. If it wasn't a clot, or even if it was, you should get checked out. It isn't normal to pass things that size.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you for your reponse. I will look into it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I called my Doctor and they told me that this wasn't uncommon.  They weren't concerned.  They did tell me that if I did pass some mass again to save it because they would send it to pathology.  Thank you for your concern, everyone.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
318181 tn?1336447096
Oh OK! I'm glad you called and that it wasn't anything to worry about.

:-)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy: Dec 2009 Babies Community Resources