Pregnancy: Dec 2009 Babies Community
bleeding after starting the pill?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in December 2009.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bleeding after starting the pill?

hey ladies, i have a weird question. i'm ten weeks post partum, yet i still seem to be having abnormal mucous-y bleeding. i stopped bleeding three weeks after having lily, and at my 6 week check up i was on my period. i started the pill 6 weeks and 5 days after giving birth. i stopped bleeding at the end of my cycle, but started spotting a couple days after starting the pill. over the past few days the 'flow' has been heavy enough to need a tampon. but i noticed tonight after i got done feeding the baby (formula, not nursing) that it was a lot more mucous than blood. does anyone know what could cause this? any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
318181_tn?1336447096
Unfortunately, I'm no help here. I'm still spotting/light bleeding (rusty/brownish) at 8 weeks. I asked my dr about it at my 6 week checkup and he said it's not uncommon when breasts feeding (which I'm doing), so that's pretty much all I know. But I know the pill can mess with your cycles anyway in the very beginning, so maybe that's part of why you're spotting and bleeding...not really sure.
Blank
873692_tn?1337279333
im on the iud and when talking to my dr she said when going on or coming off you can have breakthrough bleeding like now i just got the iud i got my af 2-2-10 and now im bleeding pretty good and dr said it could start up my af early hope this helps what kind of pill are you on i have tried a lot of them might help to see if the same thing happened to me or other girls  
Blank
368785_tn?1270435883
I'm on Yaz, which I was on before I had DD. When I came off of the pill to start TTC I didn't have any problems. Then I went back on a few months later and started bleeding a bit and ended up being pregnant with Lily.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy: Dec 2009 Babies Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank