Pregnancy: Dec 2009 Babies Community
help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in December 2009.

help

hi i whent for my 2nd us today there is now a yolk sac in my pregnancy sac can someone tell me if this is a good sign the midwife said it is i have to go back in a week to see if the fetal pole is there or should i say if it has growning cause she said there is a little fetal pole there but is too small to measure is this a good sign from lindsey xx
How many weeks are you? If you are very early 4 to5 weeks I would say thats good . If you are 6 or more weeks I would say they should have seen yolk, pole and heart beat.
i am 5 weeks pregnant
On 1-12-10 I went to my doctor had the ultrasound the sac can be seen ,no heartbeat, or yolk, before d&c is even discussed my doctor took some blood. Will get levels of HCg then 7-10 days  later draw more blood if HCG level rise that means the baby is growing. And that I was not as far long enough to see the heartbeat. Bottom line I got preg. later than I thought. I can only hope I'm not ready to give up on my baby. If the second blood test does not show increase levels of HCG my baby just stop growing and D&C needes to be done so I can let my body heal. We want to try again
Good luck, Rica! I hope your levels increase and that it's a viable pregnancy!