Pregnancy: Dec 2009 Babies Community
surgery for lil elliott

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in December 2009.

surgery for lil elliott

5388019?1266510954
so lil elliott had to have surgery on monday feb 15th he was 8 weeks and 1 day brought him to the dr's at 6 weeks 3 days the did an ultrasound because he had been puking for 3 days and i was getting scared and they said he was borderline for pyloric stenosis its a hereditary thing elliott's dad had it when he was a baby and then my 4 yr old had it (different father) had it too but with elliott it baffled the drs cause elliott is the 2nd boy to my dh and the 1st boy didnt have it so everyone thought elliott was out of the woods for this well the week of the 7th elliott started puking a lot more and more thought it might of been the flu bug so we let it go till the 15th and the weekend of the 12th dh mom came to see us all and she saw how elliott was puking and she said call your dr tomorrow morning (mon) and get him in he is doing the same thing dh did so we got him in at 10 to the ultrasound and i was on my way home dr's nurse said she will call me when the results come in (we live an hr from the dr's) and she called my dh and said you need to get elliott in here to admitting he has to have surgery today as it was really bad so i picked up my dh and went back to the hospital and at 8pm that night elliott was having surgery then we talked to the surgeon and he said he should of come in sooner as his pyloris was really big and think even for a  8 week old so now we are home and recovering well
Oh my goodness...poor little guy! I'm so glad everything went well with the operation. Must have been pretty scary. He's quite a cutie, though! Love the picture!