Pregnancy: Dec 2011 Babies Community
Baby names

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in December 2011.

Baby names

Lets share baby names.  What is everyone leaning towards?  My DH and I can't agree on anything.  We now have a name for each but no middle names.  Arianna for a girl and Uriah for a boy.  Arianna is just pretty and we like older names that can grow with a child.  Something professional enough and doesn't sound like a little girl.  
Uriah is family name and very unique.  We also think it will grow with a boy.  With the date nearing for the ultrasound, names are becoming more on our minds.  Anybody have any ideas on what sounds good with these names that we can use for middle names?
Arianna is very sweet! I have heard it alot this year!
Uriah is very different!
I havnt thought of names at all!
We find out the sex of the baby in August! So stressing out with names till at least after we find out!
My first two girls I had no issues finding names! Had em picked out before I needed them lol
My third baby was harder then we thught! So i can just imagine how hard this one will be for us hahah!
I have to agree Arianna is a very pretty name and i believe it would grow with her. Im in the same position with girl names and being stuck on a middle name. Hope we have a decision by thursday!
We each have a boy name picked out and a girl name but (for now) we've agreed if it's a boy, I get to name it and if it's a girl, my husband does.  We'll see how this really works but for now, my boy name is "Isaac Christopher" and my girl name is "Reagan Olivia."  Christopher is my brother's middle name (which he goes by Chris) and his first name is William which is my dad's first name.

My husband has picked out "Katelynn" for a girl (no middle name agreed on yet) and "Tristan Jacob" for a boy.  Jacob is his brother's first name.

I have wanted to name a baby girl "Reagan" for longer than it has been popular so it kind of stinks that his cousin had a baby girl and kind of took the name out from under us.  :(  Oh well, if we have a second girl, I will still name her Reagan!  

And with all of this mess of names, who knows?  We might change our mind once baby is here!  Good luck to all!
I think a one syllabal second name would work best with Arianna, like Arianna Rose, Arianna Jo etc, although it could work with 2 syllabals if they end in 'ly' like arianna lily, or arianna kelly, arianna hayley etc

It is a beautiful name!!

We quite like Elizabeth for a girl (beth for short), maybe Elizabeth Raven.  I also really like Evangeline, (Eva for short?).

For a boy we like Jacob Alexander (James is DH's name, which is a form of Jacob and Alexander was my grandad) we also really like Harry...we want to have a quirky or unusual middle name if possible...like Tiberius, Titus, Maximus etc

We should be able to narrow down the list on Friday!! Whoop!
Love Reagan Olivia!!  A girl I work with has a daughter called reagan...did make me consider it!  I have liked Olivia for a while, but DH isn't convinced...
I really like Reagan and I also like Raven for girls those are pretty.  I like the unusual names as well but not made up names, does that make sense?  Titus sounds like a warriors name, very brave sounding, I like it.

One of my biggest problems is naming a child a name of someone I already know.  So it is really hard to find names no one else has.  I picked out Arianna before I realized that it is in the top 100 names but I did that with my daughter too, her name is Lydia and it has became pretty popular as well too.  I just have to realize that it is a compliment to have a name that is popular, it is likable.
I am the same, I really want something different and unique.  I dont want the school teacher to have to say the surname to differentiate from all the other kids with the same first name (especially as i have a double barrled surname, thanks DH).

I also dont want to be reminded of certain people, so there are a few names that we wont go near.  My cousin's wife just called her daughter Ellie Summer, which wasn't on our list so we're happy...and there's no one else in the family due to give birth, so our names should be safe!

Lydia is beautiful too, I knew an american girl who was stunning and had an amazing singing voice called Lydia.  People make the name!
Now that my hubby and I know that we are having a boy we can finally use the name Daniel as a first name (long story why we haven't used it before). Now our only problem is the middle name. Both of our other boys have a middle name that begins with an 'A' so we want this son to follow suit. The problem is we can't decide on one that we both absolutely love. Luckily we have plenty of time to think of one. Any suggestions?
One of my best friends name is Arianna Elizabeth and just to add she is my rock and I love her so I like that name